Betrayal

Robin didn't recognize the room he was in or the people in it

Robin didn't recognize the room he was in or the people in it. They all wore owl shaped masks, and expensive clothing.

What he did recognize was your body hanging from the ceiling.

"Black Bird!" He yelled, stepping forward.

"She's dying, Robin." Talon interrupted, grabbing Robin's shoulder.

"We have to help her!"

"No, we don't. She failed us. She tried to keep us away from you, even after you told her you chose us. After you so graciously invited her to join us."

"I don't care!" Robin spat. "I love her!"

"Robin!" Talon warned. "Remember what we discussed.

Robin bit his tongue.

I don't care, Talon. I know she went after you!

Yes. The Court has her now.

What?! They'll kill her!

Listen to me, Robin. They did plan on killing her, but not anymore. They know who she is. They know she's Lorrietta Wayne. And they want Bruce Wayne on the court. If Bruce Wayne agrees to the offer, she will be safe.

And what if he doesn't?

If all goes well, and they except you, you two can be together. I'll spare her, and we'll keep her well hidden. You just have to swear to listen to The Court of Owls, and you can be with her.

"Talon!" A man yelled. "Introduce your protégé."

"It is an honor to present this boy to the Court. I've seen firsthand that he had greatness within him, and a grand destiny ahead."

"Perhaps that is so.." The Grandmaster mused, looking over to your dangling body. He grabbed you by the hair, ripping your head up. Robin then saw Talon was telling the truth. You were wearing no mask. Your face was bruised and beaten, as if people had tried to peel the mask off you for hours. Your eyes were wrenched shut in pain.

"You care for this girl?" The Grandmaster asked.

Robin nodded.

"Hm. I would like to have her on the Court after we destroy the Batman. You may have her, if you prove your loyalty to us."

Robin nodded again, stepping forward. "You have my word."

"We are The Court of Owls, and we require more than words." The Grandmaster let your head drop back down, your whole body jolting. "Your mask."

Robin stopped.

Talon looked to him. "Robin?"

"So much for your loyalty." The Grandmaster sighed. "Kill the girl. Bruce Wayne can find another."

"No!" Robin cried.

"And toss that brat back in the gutter where you found him."

"Wait!" Talon said, and the guards who were moving towards you stopped. "Robin, we discussed this."

Robin looked up, sighing, before removing his mask.

The Grandmaster gasped. "Wait... if she's the bird, and he's Robin... Bruce Wayne is Batman!"

"No! No, you're wrong!" Damian yelled. "He.." suddenly, metal bars shot up from the ground, trapping him. Talon jumped back.

"This changes everything." The Grandmaster said. "Imagine how deeply we can hurt the Batman by killing both his sidekicks, and his children!"

"No, he's supposed to take my place in the ritual. He's.."

"You lied to me!" Damian yelled. "Batman was right! Lorri was right! You were just using me to..."

"Shut up! Shut up!" Talon screamed.

"I swear to you, we'll find a replacement." The Grandmaster promised.

You slowly looked up.

"No fuckin' way." You said, laughing slightly. Only one of your eyes was open, and blood dripped from your nose. "Samantha?"

The Grandmaster grabbed you by the hair again. "How are you not dead yet?!" The Grandmaster turned to Talon. "Kill him!"

Talon paused. "Yes, Grandmaster."

The doors opened, and Damian ran forward, but was quickly defeated.

"Damian!" You cried. Talon raised his fist. "Talon, please! Spare him!" You begged, only to be hit in the gut by the Grandmaster. You vomited blood.

"Do it!" The Grandmaster yelled.

"I LOVE HIM!" You screamed.

Talon looked back to you, before to Damian. He paused, as if thinking. Talon then whipped around and began to attack the Court members. He cut you free when he ran past, and you fell to the ground. You let out a grunt, wiggling free.

Playing possum was one of your best tricks, and Grace had taught you had to vomit blood long ago, before she passed.

You jumped up, pulling your mask from where the owls had tucked it into your one piece, and ran over to Damian.

"Jesus." You muttered, testing the bars by wiggling them.

"Lorri?" He asked.

"Not now." You replied, trying to peel the bars back, with no luck.

"Lorri, stop!" You looked down to Damian as he spoke. "I'm... I'm sorry." He looked down.

You slowly got on one knee, reaching through the bars, and tilting his head up, you pulled him forward, and kissed his forehead. Damian looked to you, shocked, before reaching through the bars himself and yanking you forward, pulling you in for a heated and passionate kiss.

When you both pulled away, you grunted. You had faked most your injuries, but the Grandmaster had hit you pretty hard in the stomach.

"I need to get you out of here." You muttered. "Put your mask on."

"I've just sacrificed a world for you both." Talon spoke, you turned to him. "Now what will you sacrifice for me?"

"You're cute for a red head." You complimented.

"You're insane!" Robin hissed, pulling you closer by the upper arm, yet the bars effectively stopped you.

"I won't ask either of you to betray him any further." Talon muttered. "But, Bruce Wayne is a complication."

You gasped. "No!" Before you could attack Talon, he hit you directly where Samantha had, and you screamed, dropping to your knees.

"He has to be dealt with."

Talon grabbed Robin, and smashed his head into the bars, knocking him out.