Tina's Party (Part 2)

Act 2, Chapter 4

"Hey, hey, whoa." Steve said pulling me into a hug.

The moment I heard his voice I couldn't help it, I started bawling my eyes out.

"What happened Ally?" He tried to lean back so he could look at me but I held onto his shirt.

"We broke up." I tried to say through my tears, "His stupid fucking friends told him I hooked up with Eddie when I first got here."

"Wait, you hooked up with Eddie Munson?" He sounded shocked.

"Not the point." I tried to wipe my eyes, I could feel them starting to burn from my mascara.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He moved me over to the bed. I watched as he kneeled in front of me.

"He's an asshole Ally, he doesn't deserve you. You know that." He said watching me.

I tried to look at him but I just couldn't.

"You hate me," I mumbled.

"No, I don't." He stated without hesitation.

"You do. You don't even talk to me anymore. Why are you even talking to me now?" I cried harder.

"Ally, I'm sorry. I know I've not been the best friend but you know all the stuff that's going on. I'll always be here for you. Always." He grabbed my face.

I just know my makeup was all over my face.
I guess it was impossible for me to have a good night.

There was a knock at the door. Steve stood up quickly and slightly cracked it not allowing me to see past him.

"Yeah yeah," I heard him say. "Give me a minute, okay?" He shut the door and headed back over to me.

Sitting his arms on my knees he looked up at me.

"You have a posse out there of concerned friends," he smiled.

"Yeah I bet." I groaned as I tried to wipe under my eyes.

"Let him take you home."

"Who?"

"Munson. He doesn't want to be here anyway and he cares about you so why not?"

"That'll just create more gossip." I shook my head.

"And?" Steve added, "I can take you home, Nancy can, Robin can, but why not stir a little shit while you're at it?"

We laughed. I was starting to feel a little better.

"Promise me we're still friends..." I whispered.

"I promise," he held out his pinky. Our pinky fingers wrapped around each others for a moment.

"You can let them in," I said, "As long as they don't give me cliché pep talks like you just did," I joked.

He smiled standing up.
I really did miss our friendship.