Calamity AU

An AU based entirely on the wetsern musical "Calamity Jane" which was made in the 50s. A great musical that I am obsessed with. 

(I'll link a wikipedia page with the plot in the comments for you to read if you want to do this scenario)

Basic plot of the movie: A sharp-shooting, tomboyish cowgirl, known as Calamity, is in love with a man in her western town. She even rescues him at one point. At some point she promises, to the entire town, that she will bring them a famous actress known as Adelaide Adams back from Chicago, but her own best friend (a man in the movie) doesn't think she can do it.

She goes to Chicago and talks with the the actress's maid, thinking it's the actress. The maid pretends to be the actress so as she can finally get a chance to perform and agrees to go back with Calamity.

Once in their small town she begins to feel stagefright and breaks down, admitting she was only Adelaide's maid and not Adelaide. The town is on the verge of rioting out of anger when Calimty fires off a shot to shut them up and talks them into letting the maid perform.

The town end up loving the performance and both the man that the cowgirls loves and her best friend find themselves loving the maid.

The maid ends up moving into the Calamity's little cabin and helping her fix it up while teaching her to be more ladylike so she can win the heart of the man she loves but it doesn't work.

A ball ends up being held and the man Calamity loves ends up going with the maid instead so Calamity goes with her best friend. At the ball Calamity becomes more and more jealous, eventually so much so that she shoots a glass out of the maid's hand and leaves.

The next day the maid performs again in their local bar like the first time, when she spots Calamity and shoots a glass out of her hand as a way to get back at her for the night before.

Humiliated, Calamity leaves with her best friend, who ends up talking to her and pointing out how she got so easily jealous.Calamity soon realises she actually loves him and not the other man as they kiss and he even proposes.

The next day she finds out the maid is leaving town because of her, thinking that she's getting in the way o Calamity's relationship with the other man, and the town all seem angry at Calamity for causing her to leave. She catches up with the carriage the maid is in and tells her that she is actually in love with her best friend, and the maid is happy for her, agreeing to return with her.

It ends in a double wedding between the two couples. ((Honestly, it is such a good movie))

In this my OC will take on the role of Calamity

I'll put a few clips from the movie here just so you can see what some of it is like.

(I love this song...)