I'm Afraid Of Hurting You! Afraid Of Hurting Us!

Note: For those who couldn't figure out the part I made up, (in the last chapter's previous note) it's the part about Yosano treating him!

"NO! I mean- no..." this is probably the fastest Chuuya's ever responded to someone. Memories of when Yosano last treated him resurfaced and let's just say he NEVER wanted to experience Yosano's "treatments" AGAIN! "I came here to see you for a different reason..." he clarified. Yosano's smirk of delight quickly faded upon hearing his clarification. 

"Oh? Is that so? Aww, I guess it's too bad~ I would have loved to treat you again~". 

"Okay! I think I'll let you two be now," Atsushi interjected, knowing now was his cue to leave. The weretiger would have quickly rushed out the door without looking back if it hadn't been for Chuuya calling out to him right as he swung the door open.

"Hey, kid!" Atsushi stopped in his tracks, he slightly whipped his head around to face Chuuya with a confused look on his face, his grip on the doorknob not leaving.

"Thanks". 

One word.

Just one simple word with no explanation behind why the older
was thanking him, though, Atsushi didn't need an explanation. From Chuuya's perspective, Atsushi's eyes widened from being taken aback by the sudden kind word that came out of his mouth before they lit up, almost like they were sparkling, with happiness.

"Of course! It's no problem!" With that, Atsushi stepped out of the room, shutting the door gently. As soon as Atsushi left, Yosano spoke up, 

"So, why did you come to see me exactly?"

With his attention back to the topic at hand, Chuuya cleared his throat, "I'll try to get straight to the point. Just the other day, I felt a new feeling in my chest that I don't know how to describe". Scratching the back of his head, he thought about his next words. The last thing he wanted was to unintentionally embarrass himself. Once he had what he wanted to say in his mind, he continued, "And I thought... well, how about I talk about it with someone who was good at giving emotional advice?... And I realize that you're not of that profession! But... I just don't think I could talk about myself with a random person so-," Chuuya didn't get to finish his sentence as Yosano cut him off, 

"So you came to me, a doctor, and someone you know to talk about it with?"

He subtly nodded, "Yeah, that basically sums it up". 

Yosano folded her arms, "I see. You are correct about my inexperience in the field of discussing another's emotions as that would be the profession of a therapist". 

Chuuya held his breath. 

Was she not going to help him? Would she just send him off to an actual therapist? That would probably be the smartest choice, but...

"However, I do not wish to just send you off with a 'I'm sorry, but I can't help you' and practically waste your time coming here. So, I'll do my best to help you". Chuuya breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god! He'd hoped that coming here wouldn't have been a mistake. 

"Well then, why don't we sit, hm?" Yosano offered pulling aside a nearby chair for him while she sat in her swivel chair. Once Chuuya sat down, he hesitated. He didn't know where to begin much less what to say. Yosano, sensing his hesitation, reassured him, "Don't worry, I won't make fun of you or anything, I'll only listen, promise". 

Chuuya nodded, her words completely lifting the weight of nervousness off his shoulders. He made sure to make his explanation quick, but also thorough enough for her to understand which she hinted through nods and small "mhm's". Once he was finished, he fell silent, giving her time to process everything which didn't take long as she spoke up after about a few seconds.