YOU TWO ARE WHAT NOW??

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations, I suppose," there was a hint of happiness for the two which made Chuuya's jaw drop. Higuchi and Tachihara went out of their minds (Gin was there, but was not too taken aback), as well as Hirotsu.

Higuchi: "YOU AND DAZAI ARE TOGETHER NOW?! (She's blushing) 

Tachihara: "I THOUGHT YOU TWO HATED EACH OTHER??"

Higuchi: "Ah~, opposites really DO attract". (And now she's crying)

Tachihara: "NOW'S NOT THE TIME TO BE THINKING ABOUT THAT HIGUCHI!"

Chuuya: "SHHHH! BOTH OF YOU! Jeez, you're both so LOUD!"

Hirotsu: "This is indeed quite sudden, but I won't say that I am against it or anything. I congratulate you, Sir".

Now all that was really left was to tell Kouyou and Mori.

Now, THIS was the part Chuuya had been dreading the most. Telling Mori wasn't exactly all bad to him, Kouyou on the other hand. OH BOY! Chuuya was certain no one but him has experienced Kouyou's wrath. To Chuuya, Kouyou was like a mother to him and she intended to be. Who knows how she would feel about Dazai being her "son's" boyfriend? Which is why Chuuya was currently standing in front of Mori's office. His thoughts had been conflicting with one another the whole walk to Mori's office. Should he go tell Kouyou first? It would be better if he just got it over and done with. No! He can't! She would go nuts! Ugh! Just go to Mori first! It won't be that bad!

He quickly knocks, a slightly muffled but clear voice spoke, "Come in". 

Okay, breathe in... breathe out...

Chuuya opened the door, slowly but not slow enough to raise suspicion, "Thanks... hey uh, boss? There's something I need to tell you- EH?!"

"Fancy seeing you here, Chuuya!"

Oh no... it was Kouyou. What was she doing here?! And why now of all times??

"Y-Yeah... What are you doing here, Ms. Kouyou, if you don't mind my asking?"

Chuuya should have been more careful with the way he addressed his "mom". Kouyou instantly knew something was wrong when Chuuya decided to use formalities when addressing her. Luckily for Chuuya, she merely dismissed it with a, "What's with the formalities? I told you that you can just call me Kouyou or mo-"

"Okay! Okay! Sorry, Kouyou!" The last thing Chuuya wanted anybody other than Kouyou to know was what he called her when they were alone. He is really too cute~.

"Ahem, so Chuuya, what brings you to my office?", cleared the voice of the other person present. 

"Right... how should I say this...?"

Mori knew something was amiss. He placed his elbows on his desk, raising his hands to clasp them together in front of his face, his signature pose, though his expression is more serious than usual, "Did something happen?"

Chuuya scratched the back of his head nervously, "Well, I guess you could put it that way..." Mori and Kouyou exchanged brief concerned glances that soon turned into one of surprise upon seeing a faint blush color his cheeks. At that, Kouyou already had a faint idea~. 

"So, who's the lucky girl?", she teased, wiggling her brows. 

"Eh? What girl?"

"??"

Wait! No! That's not what was supposed to come out of his mouth! Shit!

Mori burst out laughing! Unbelievable! Truly unbelievable! One of his top best executives just let it slip that he was gay in front of one of the few people who cared for him the most.

"That's not what I meant to say! I-".

"PFT- HAHahaHa! HEeHHeHA!".

"I-," Chuuya's face was bright red. This was so embarrassing! What was he supposed to-?!

"Chuuya~".

Say now... Kouyou had a sinister look on her face. Not good. Oh, how Chuuya wished one of their agents just walked in to distract them from the topic they were currently on.

"Care to explain what you meant to say then~?"

Great. Time for him to run his mouth on a long-ass explanation...

~Time Skip~

"I'm home~," Dazai announced in a sing-song voice.

"Welcome back. Also, this is my house! We're not living together!"

"Not yet~".

"Tch, whatever..."

"Admit it chibi~ You're going to let me stay~".

"Hmph!" Chuuya would never admit it out loud, but Dazai was right, he was going to let him stay. He was always alone in his home even before Dazai left the Port Mafia. Drinking alone with no one to talk to but himself, and with his house being much too big for just one person, all that he could ever hear was silence. In any case, he diverts the topic, "So, how'd it go on your end? They took it well or...?" he trailed off, figuring either all of his colleagues were A-Okay with the idea of "them" or thought he'd lost his mind more than he already has. 

Dazai sits down beside him, leaning back with his arms crossed behind his head, his lips curving upwards slightly with a grin, "Excluding Kunikida's reaction, none of them really minded. Apparently, Rampo and Yosano betted on us ending up together".

Interesting... "Really? What about your President?"

"Oh don't worry, he's already deemed our relationship acceptable!

Interesting indeed...

"How about you?"

...

">///<"

"Chuuya?"

"Kouyou nearly killed me..."

For the rest of the evening, Chuuya explained the eventful happenings on his end with Dazai constantly laughing and teasing him in between, the ever-embarrassed storyteller attempting to shut his annoyingly loud ass of a mouth.