86

I find myself struggling to my feet. The fire roars. I hear the pop of people apparating away. Others are taking pictures behind me, the flash of their lights nearly blinding when I turn to look. I am near the black gate at the front of the property, as far away from the building as I can make it.

Pansy isn't here with me. She didn't apparate out. With the anti-apparation jinx, I don't even know if she can. From here, I'd be able to see her on her porch. If she did manage somehow, I don't see her in the hedges. If she's out, she might be splinched. I shout her name. It's hard with all the sound. Maybe she left, much farther away. I have trouble believing she abandoned me.

The wing which is on fire is my suite. She probably had time to run out of the lounge. Maybe she's nearby, just looking for me.

Another explosion, and the ground rumbles. My ears ring a high-pitched sound. Apparating made me escape the worst of the blast. I whip out my wand and concentrate on the memory of the sound of Draco's voice coming from the jewelry.

My Patronus appears. It appears before me and I speak to it, "tell Harry Potter to come. The estate is on fire."

I run across the grounds, looking for her. It's impossible to hear anything besides the explosions, one after the other, going through her home. If she is on the grounds, she isn't doing a good job of looking for me. I don't think she made it out.

I think she went looking for me.

Then, I begin running toward the estate. I push myself as hard. My body just cannot take it. Another explosion actually knocks me off my feet. My heart is racing. I make it to the front door. I burn my hand on the knob as I try to rip it open.

Then, I stop. Pansy would call me stupid. You can only be two of the three: smart, good, or alive."

Terry told me I was already dead.

I rip the door open. The ceiling above the foyer is creaking. I can hear the fire roaring above us. The lounge where Pansy just was is nearby.

"Foolish!" I turn and see Colky.

Not Pansy. He is shouting, his voice hoarse. His clothing is singed, the fabric that was barely there to begin with practically gone. Colky grabs me by the hand and tries to drag me.

"Where's Pansy?" I ask.

"Come now!" he shouts. "Miss Pansy is safe!"

I look around at the building. The ceiling isn't going to hold. Part of the chandelier hits the ground, cracking it. So, I run with him out of the building.

Colky doesn't stop until we are far away in the grounds, hiding between some hedges.

"Where is she?" I ask once we are in private. "Is she hurt?"

"Miss Pansy ran to your suite, Miss Turner," he explains. "Colky knew she would. I went back. She is at St. Mungo's. Colky returned to prevent you from being stupid."

I stare up at the collapsing house. She went up to my quarters to find me? What a stupid fucking thing to do.

"Why would she do that?" I ask, then stare at him. "Why save me first? You could have gotten to her out sooner."

"Miss Pansy would have only left if she knew Miss Turner was safe," Colky shakes his head. "Miss Pansy would have broken her vow if she had apparated you onto her porch. Colky is a most loyal servant to the Parkinson family. Colky could never let one die."

So, I stare at Colky. Then, I nod my head, "thank you, Colky. You did her proud."

His posture improves a bit when I say that.