"Nah, I'm stingy with staying with Mom too. It's my duty as Blackbird to stay in Gotham, that's all."

"How is your mom?" Dick asked, stepping forward. "Did you guys have a fun birthday together?"

"Eh, she's okay. Roy took her out to dinner the night after my birthday, and they had a pretty good time. You should call her, Dad."

Dick scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Roy hasn't been a fan of me since we were on the Justice League Covert Ops. team. Probably not a good idea. Is he, uh... treating her right?"

"He worships her. And he got me some new Nikes for my birthday, so I say he's all right," you laughed. "I'm just glad they're finally dating. I was worried I was gonna be Nightbird before they got together."

Kori laughed.

"Well, be safe on the train back to Gotham, okay? And you don't let Damian boss you around, do you understand?"

"Oh, speaking of Damian," you turned to Kori. "He's complaining about not being on the Titans team."

Dick coughed awkwardly.

"Uh," he bent down on one knee, placing a hand on your shoulder as he looked up at you. "Look, babes, Damian is... a piece of work. You're a special exception, and the kids love it when you come to work with us, especially Garfield. That boy is head over heels for you. But... Damian..."

You chuckled, patting his hand.

"I know, Dad. I'm gonna miss my train."

"Bye, Lorri," Kori kissed your head. "We'll see you in a few months."

You nodded, and waved goodbye to your dad, before clambering down the stairs of their apartment building. You began your walk towards the train station.

Your visits to your parents houses were becoming less and less frequent. You didn't blame Kori for panicking, but your mom and dad got it. They understood that a responsibility came with being Blackbird, and pretty soon, you wouldn't stay at all. You couldn't leave Gotham anymore, and your mother had already excepted it, having a talk with you and Roy during your birthday visit. Roy had seemed hurt and first, but understood. You knew it would take Kori a while to come around and accept that you didn't see her any differently, you were just on a different path. She hadn't grown up with Dick and Grace, and seen what their lives had been like. What it was like to be Blackbird and Robin.

"Took you long enough."

You stared at the boy, brow raised.

"Are you so desperate to get out of Gotham that you followed me here?" You joked.

"No," Damian replied, running a hand through his slicked-back hair. "Father sent me to make sure you made it to the train."

"That's very sweet of you, Damian."

"I just told you, Father ordered me to do it."

These last few months with Damian had been... rough. He had disrupted the delicate dynamic you and Bruce had set up as both partners and family members, while also constantly insulting your ability to fight and your family's current status. But you had figured him out for the most part.

"Sorry, Damian."

He looked around awkwardly as you both boarded the train, sitting in a private boot. He slid the door shut, sitting next to you.

"Don't apologize," he finally spat.

He was coming around. It had taken time to break through his tough and... mildly perverted exterior to find a softer, much more gentle young man underneath.

•••

"Hey, Day," Clark broke the laughter for a moment. "Can you take him? There's a burglary on 7th street."

"Got him," The White Witch nodded, taking her nephew off her big brother's shoulders with her telekinesis.

Jon let out a whoop of excitement, screaming as they both continued towards Gotham, knowing that Clark would catch up.

"This is crazy, Day!" Jon yell-laughed, grabbing her hand. "I can't believe I have superpowers!"

"I'm so glad," Dayleen laughed. "You're going to love Lorri."

"Who's Lorri?"

"Blackbird! She's so sweet. And Damian's a real knuckle head, but I bet you two will get along."

"Wait, you know Blackbird and Robin?!" Jon screamed, fanboy fantasy coming true. "I love Blackbird!"

"Yep! Lorri's my best friend," Day called over the wind.

"What did I miss?" Clark asked, scooping his son up.

"You're getting slow, old man," Day teased, crossing her arms.

"Wait- now I can ask this question. Why do you look and act 15, Day?"

She laughed.

"I halted my growth process when I and Conner started dating."

"Wait. Why doesn't Conner grow?"

She laughed again.

"You have so much to learn."

Jon gasped suddenly,

"What's that smell?"

"Gotham City," Clark said half-heartedly.

They both turned their flight paths towards the city.

"This is Gotham?" Jon asked. "I thought the internet was exaggerating. But why doesn't anybody do something about this?"

"Somebody is."

•••

Batman grabbed you and you both ducked from the Penguin's gunfire. He tossed a batterang at the short man, giving you enough time to dash towards him, throwing a punch.

"Ugh! Get this sickly bird away from me!" Penguin screamed to his henchmen.

One grabbed you, while the other began to charge towards Batman.

"Hey, cutie," you smiled, before kicking the man straight in the groin. He groaned, dropping to his knees, before suddenly throwing a punch.

You caught his fist, and slammed your knee into his elbow. You gripped the back of the man's hair, before slamming him into a wall repeatedly.

"This is my town, Batman," Penguin said, firing a line of flames towards you and the Dark Knight.

He used his cape to shield you both, before you dashed forward, doing some sort of spinning-kick, leaving the Penguin disoriented. Batman came in behind you, punching him, before picking him up by the collar and dangling him over the edge of the building.

"Aw, come on, Batman," the Penguin said nervously. "Let's come to an agreement, huh? I'll promise to be a good bird, and you'll let me fly the coop?"

"Hm... okay," Batman spoke, before dropping the man.

You watched in shock as the Penguin screamed, only to sigh in relief when a grapple got him.

"You scared me!" You scolded the Bat, but then turned when you heard footsteps. "Ahhhh! Day!"

You dashed towards your best friend, jumping as you two hugged.

"Who's the little bird?" You asked, pointing towards the young man that had come with Day and her big brother.

"My nephew, Jon."