Chapter 2 | Part 9

June 23rd, 2016
Hydra Bunker in Siberia

Aurora quietly walked through the bunker with her pistol out in front of her. It eventually lead her to an elevator that lead to a giant space underneath. Aurora walked around but eventually stopped in front of a screen.

She looked at the date on the video. December 16, 1991. The day her father and stepmother died. Aurora looked around the room and saw that nobody was around her so she started watching it.

She watched as her father's car crashed into a tree the front of it completely ruined. Then a motorcycle pulled up. It was James. "No," Aurora muttered realization dawning on her as tears filled her eyes.

She watched as Howard crawled out of the car and how James was slowly walking toward him and grabbed his hair and pulled his head up. She listened in horror as her father uttered the words "Sargeant Barnes?" and how Maria had called her husband until his dying breath.

She watched the screen with tears streaming down her face as James punched her father right in the face twice in a row ultimately killing him. Aurora felt anger creep inside of her. She had done nothing but help James for the past few months and he couldn't even tell her.

She continued watching even as James dragged Howard back to the car and laid him down on the steering wheel. She listened to the painful cries of her stepmother who she had loved as she was choked to death by the same arm that had fascinated Aurora.

Then the video was over and it was starting again. Aurora walked away with tears on her face and wiped them away angrily.

Aurora ran toward the sound of the fighting and jumped down further into the bunker to see Steve sitting on top of Tony with his shield in the Ironman suit.

"Get off of him!" Aurora yelled blasting Steve away into a wall. "Aurora?" Tony muttered seeing her but he was ignored.

"You piece of shit," Aurora growled throwing James into a wall. "I helped you for months," Aurora said punching him in the stomach hard enough to make James double over. "And you couldn't even tell me that you killed my parents!" Aurora yelled furiously. Her eyes were filled with rage.

"Aurora stop! It wasn't his fault." Steve said pulling her off of James. "Get off of me Steve. He killed my father. He killed one of the closest things I had to a mother." Aurora said pushing him away. "It wasn't his fault," Steve said panting.

Then realization dawned on Aurora.

"You knew," Aurora muttered. "You knew the whole time and you didn't tell me." Aurora accused as more tears filled her eyes. "Doll please just let me explain," Steve begged. "No. No Steve. You are such a hypocrite. You got mad at me for not telling you about Ultron when you were keeping this a secret!" Aurora yelled pushing Steve backwards.

"Aurora please," Steve said trying to grab her. "No. Steve don't touch me." Aurora said shoving him. "I can't even look at you right now," Aurora said wiping her eyes.

Steve watched Aurora walk towards Bucky with tears in his eyes. She put her arm out for Bucky to grab it and pulled him up. "Both of you need to leave. Right now." Aurora demanded. "Just leave. Please." Aurora said quietly.

She watched out of her peripheral vision as Steve nodded and started walking toward Tony and pulled the shield out of Tony's armour. She moved away from Bucky when she saw Steve come near her.

"I'm sorry Aurora," Steve said looking at her. But Aurora just shook her head.

"Leave the shield. It doesn't belong to you. It's my father's." Aurora said coldly.