Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Ajax left us and I dont think she is really qualified to be behind the wheel of a car right now." She says earning a scoff from the girl on her shoulders. 

"Ugh I'll let you know I have drove while tipsy." Brandy slur's. "Don't repeat that." She orders pointing at both pilots.

  "Okay." He chuckles lightly. 

"If you could help me that would be fantastic Bobby." She remarks, he looks surprised at the use of  his name from her, he nods his. 

"Yeah I got it." He gets next to the brunette taking her other arm letting it drape around his shoulder while her friend holds the other one as they lead her to his camry, Brandy groans feeling her head move slowly over and over again. 

"Do you got her?" Bob asks the black hair girl. 

"Yeah she's okay." She confirms. "Im fucking fantastic." She grumbles. 

"Watch your head, Daredevil." he leans down opening his backseat door as the both of them lower her onto the leather seats, she sighs heavy as she lets herself lean back against the seats of the car. 

"You alright back there?" Red Wing asks her, she gives her thumbs up  letting her head hit the window moaning quietly as her forehead fogs up the glass. 

"Super." She grumbled. She grips the sides of her head as he closes the door, the pounding in her head made her regret her decision of drinking only she was thankful that she was able to handle her hangovers well so that when she was training no one would suspect. 

⍧⍧⍧

The neon lights of the San Diego night illuminated her face as they pass along the way back to her apartment, she was thankful that it was only Bob and Redwing seeing her like this. She hated seeing herself in a position of weakness and she knew well why she had drank to much during the night, it's punishment.  

Punishment for her argument and maybe even herself, it made sense that she would try to self sabotage herself when she needed to be on her A game. Brandy could hear the soft sounds of their conversations over some quiet rock music, she wasn't used to being taken home drunk usually it was her taking someone else home, she didn't mind it.

"Fuck me." Brandy grumbles against the window. "Are you okay?" 

"Ask me when the room stops spinning." She remarks running her fingers through her hair, she groans lightly, she looks up at the rearview mirror, he glances at her before she looks back out her window. 

"It's not my first time I have drank too much." Brandy informs them while reassuring that she was okay, lying to herself.  The car finally comes to stop, her eyes glance out the window seeing the familiar white brick building.

She groans as the both of them close their car doors, the slamming making her grip the side of her head. Her side door opens making her look up meetings his eyes, she sighs extending her hand which he takes gently pulling her up supporting her as she leans into his shoulder tired. 

"You good Brand?" Red Wing asks as she gets to her friends side, she nods her head giving her a thumbs up, she reaches into her backpocket pulling out her lanyard her key gingling as next to her taser.

"Which one is your's?"  He ask's her, she groan's. 

"Unlucky number 13." She says pointing at at the stairs. "Fucking stairs." 

"Why couldn't I have gotten a place without stairs, I hate walking." She grumbles as she leans further into Bob, he grunts softly trying to steady her by her shoulders 

"I know, I know, come on." He agrees as he ushers her to the steps. She looked him up and down, she had noticed before how well his glasses fit on his face. Really bringing out his features.