O N E

Kulture POV

Harlem, NY

4:30 p.m. Saturday (7/5/22)

"Bitchhh you know damn well you feeling DD." My bestfriend, Promise, said. I rolled my eyes. We've been on facetime it seems like forever. 

She's been going on and on bout how she know I like him and shit. I mean I've been lying to her and myself for years sayin I don't like him. When I know damn well I do, but he has a girlfriend and he seems happy I don't wanna interfer with that.

"Hellooo." I heard her say snapping me out of thinking. "What Promise." I said clicking over to Ig. "When are you going tell him?" She asked. I looked over at her picture on my screen to see her smiling. I shook my head as a smile appeared on my face. "Seee." She stretched out. "You need to chill." I said avoiding her question. 

"Yeah whatever whatchu up to right now?" She asked starting to move around. "Not shit." I mumbled clicking on my dm's. I saw that I had got one from Crystal. I started mugging tf outta my phone. "I would appreciate if you stay away from my boyfriend." She had put. This bitch been on dick since I met her. 

"Could you fix your face you scaring me." Promise said laughing. My face remained the same. "I'm gettin tired of this hoe." I said erasing the message. "Who?" She asked. "Fuckin Crystal dude." I said fustrated. "What happened now?" She asked laughing. "Ain't shit funny." I scolded her. "Chill out, what happened tho?" She asked again.

"This bitch talkin bout sum stay away from her man, like bitch I don't want that skinny, light bright ass nigga." I lied. "How long are you going to keep lying to yourself?" She questioned. 

Just as I was about to answer her question my door opened revealing my brother Notti. "Who you on the phone with?" He asked walkin over to me sittin down on my bed. "Do you know how to knock?" I mugged. "Fix ya face and I ain't gonna ask you again." He said tryna look over my shoulder. "Promise, damn." I said pushing him. "Keep ya hands to ya self kid." He said pointing at me. 

"Nigga we the same age." I straight faced him. He shrugged gettin from off my bed. "get dressed I'm goin ovea to dd's." He said befo walking out my door slamming my door. "Stop slamming my fuckin door." I yelled then turned my attention back to my phone. "You comin to?" I asked Promise. "Shit why not." She said. 

"Bet Ima let you go then ima get dressed, see you there." I said then hung up. I yawned stretching then got off my bed and went to my closet to pick out something to wear. I out on a black crop top with some white sweats and my air forces. I braided two braids in the front of my hair then let the rest down. 

I then grabbed my phone and my charger and walked out my room closing my door behind me. I then walked downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen, I smiled. She's always in the kitchen. Since Notti was down here I went in the kitchen to wait. "Hola mama." I said sitting down at the table.

My mom looked up from the food and turned her attention to me. "Mi nina pequena." She smiled sittin the pot down walkin over to me. I got up and gave her a hug. "Donde esta tu hermano?" She asked lookin around. Me and Notti are always with each other. If I'm not with Notti then I'm with Ddot and dd. 

I was about to answer her when Notti came down the stairs. "Hola mama." He said coming over and giving her a hug. She smiled as they released from the hug. "Me and kk are going to dd's house for a while." He told her. She nodded. "Ok mantente segura." She said befo going back over to the food. 

Me and Notti left out the house. "You got your key?" He asked me. "Yeah, why?" I asked as we started walking to dd's house. "Cuz I got sum business to handle, I'm dropping you off to dd's house." He told me. I frowned. I haven't really got to spend time with him, he's always busy. "Don't worry we're going to get to spend time soon." He smiled lookin down at me. I didn't say anything I just nodded.