The Battle | Harry Potter

"Harry! HARRY!" I called over the battle cries and sounds of spells flying all around me, eyes searching for my lover. I sprinted through the courtyard, my gaze frantically scanning my surroundings for the familiar raven hair.
I reached the castle, turning into the half ruined passage leading trough the entrance hall.
"Oh Merlin." I breathed, stopping death as I saw the state it was in. Gargoyles and rubble lay scattered over the floor.
If it hadn't been for the Death Eaters catching up with me, I would have probably stood there for longer, too shocked by the state of the castle I had called home.

My tired legs worked as hard as they could, I urged myself to run faster, dodge more spells as they sped towards me.
"Petrificus Totalus!" I gasped, firing the spell blindly, doubting I had actually hit anything. "Stupefy! Expell-,"
Before I could finish, I was hit in the small of my back and I fell forwards, head hitting the cold stone.

I groaned in pain, my head throbbed and I could taste blood on my tongue. I rolled over onto my back, the place where I'd been hit still tingling unpleasantly.
My reactions were slow in my dazed state and I whispered in pain again.
"Well, well, if it isn't Y/n L/n, the chosen one's chosen one." Lucius Malfoy sniggered.
I tried mustering the most venomous look, though it turned into a grimace as soon as I moved my head.

Malfoy and another Death Eater grabbed my arm, pulling me up and dragging me over the floor. I flinched, struggling to get lose.
"Stop wiggling, little girl, it won't do you any good."
I didn't listen, instead I moved more, trying desperately to break free from the tight grip. Malfoy sneered at me, pulling out his wand, "Have it your way." Everything went black.

I awoke with my hands tied behind my back and my wand gone. My head pounded and it took me a moment to adjust to my surroundings. I was surrounded by masked Death Eaters, in, what looked like, the middle of the forbidden forest. An involuntary shiver ran up my spine as I bought of all the monsters that could be lurking behind every tree here, but my reveries were interrupted by a familiar blond man stepping towards me, an ugly sneer edged upon his face.
"Finally awake, L/n." Malfoy said, grimacing at me, "Don't worry you won't be alone for long, you're little boyfriend is going to come save you."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, we told him to come here unless he wanted to see you dead, so he is going to sacrifice himself. How romantic." His voice was dripping with fake sympathy as I struggled against the bonds that bound me. He just laughed, turning away from me again.

A while later, there was a steady murmur over the clearing, a twig snapped a little bit further off from where I was. Nobody really paid attention, there were countless of monsters here that it could have been. Just when I thought that, a figure emerged from nowhere, pulling a silvery cloak off of itself.
"Harry!" I gasped, my eyes meeting with his. "Harry...Harry! It's a trap," I suddenly called, making everyone look at me, "Don't listen to them! Go ba-,"
"QUIET!" Lucius Malfoy yelled, silencing me with a charm.
Slowly, Harry stepped towards Voldemort, his face set defiantly.

Then everything happened at once, there were flashes of light, shouts of shock and terror and then, the next thing I knew there were two figures on the floor. I strained against my bonds, silently screaming and trying to get to the raven haired boy lying on the uneven ground.

The minutes ticked by half as slow as normally as I fought against the ropes, desperately crying and screaming without sound. Then I was pulled up from where I had sunken, dragged along the dirt path and back up to the school where everyone was already waiting. My vision was blurry, eyes swollen and red as I surveyed the survivors of Hogwarts. My heart skipped when I saw Tom, Hermione and Ginny, looking as good as someone who had just fought in a battle, but the weight of Harry's death soon demolished the hope within me.
"Harry Potter, is dead!" Voldemorts raspy voice rang through the silence.
"NO, HARRY!" Ginny cried being hold back by Mr. Weasley.

I didn't hear Voldemorts sprach, my mind was racing, trying to find possibilities that could prove my suspicions wrong. My eyes kept wondering towards Harry, his eyes were closed, his face smeared with grime and he had a nasty cut along his jaw. I sobbed quietly, hair falling into my face. Then something nearly made me choke on my own sobs and I gasped. Harry's right eye opened, just a tiny bit, but as soon as he made eye contact with me, he winked. It was a small wink, but my heart filled with warmth and hope. Suddenly, Harry dropped, his wand raised pointing directly at Voldemort, firing spell after spell until he disappeared behind a gargoyle.

The battle continued and while everyone was firing, Luna undid my bonds and broke the spell silencing me. We fought until the news of Voldemort's death spread through the castle and all the Death Eaters disappeared.
Exhausted, I entered the Great Hall, bodies lined the walls and I felt tears rise into my eyes, but the relief in seeing my friends including Harry was too big. I ran through the isle of people, throwing myself at him and hurrying my head in his chest. He sling his arms around me, pulling me closer to him and kissing the top of my head as he murmured soothing words into my ear.

When we finally broke apart, he still had his arm around my waist as Hermione and Ron embraced me in turn. We exited the Hall not soon after, seeking the peace of the grounds.
Though most of the Hogwarts we had known was destroyed, I couldn't help but smile. Voldemort was dead, his followers were falling apart and I stood arm in arm with Harry, Ron and Hermione, staring out onto the black lake. I smiled at Harry, he squeezed my shoulders, he had an equally relieved smile on his face as he leaned down and whispered in my ear.
What would come, would come and we would meet it when it did. Together.

This is not edited, but I hope you still like it. It was requested by @JulzLovDraco4Eva. Thank you for the request!! Please send in request and comment how you like it.
Stay safe!!
~ j.