Chapter 3

Maia p.o.v

The whole place is necropolis silent, you could hear a tiny pin drop. It was as if time were paused, it might seem like I'm exaggerating this, but it's almost as if everyone stopped breathing.

Shock and fear were the only expressions, or should I say reactions from them. Everyone here has a common look on that left me wondering if they had some sort of silent conversation that I wasn't aware of.

And to prove my point, to not come off as a psycho, their gazes were locked on a particular spot. Their stare leads to the entrance of the restaurant, and OH MY JUICES.

MAN! Where in the world is this God from? What heaven did he crash-land? By merely looking at this sex, God, my juices went overdrive?

I am in no way exaggerating this time, because standing in all his glory at the entrance of the restaurant is the most sexist man I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of the male population.

From the models, actors, artists, and even those billionaires and multi-billionaires, none can compare to this Greek God clasped in a three-piece suit.

Now I understand why everyone was so shocked and looking dumbfounded when they saw him, because currently, I'm no different from them with my jaw hitting the floor.

The sex God, I'll stick to that since I have no idea what other name to call him, took a step inside the restaurant, which effectively snapped me out of the spellbound that had captured everybody.

But the funny thing is that I was the only one who had somehow managed to break out of the spell. Everyone else still seemed captivated. Their gaze followed him every step the sex God took.

Even Derek was too captivated to even notice the funny look I was giving him. I mean he's a man himself, and he wasn't supposed to be drooling over his kind. Or else he's gay, which I doubt with the number of girls coming after him on the campus.

But I'm starting to believe he's gay. I mean he was supposed to be shielding me from the sex God? But instead, he was even drooling like a teenage girl.

“My K. King, I…I." Derek spoke, or at least tried to, but couldn't, since he was stuttering. Not when Derek finished stuttering did I notice the sex God was now standing in front of our table.

Like, what in God's name is he doing here?

I lift my head to him, and God, he looks even more beautiful up close. The most beautiful human I've ever seen, both male and female, seemed to be moulded from a different cast.

Moulded from unique materials out of the world, he had an androgynous look rare to see in anybody.

He has mountain-peak cheekbones that appeared chiselled into shape by a master craftsman, his dark coils were coiffed to perfection. His jaw was sharp, it looked as if it was sculpted and pared to perfection.

His eyes were dark and spellbinding as lode stars, they bewitched anyone that fell under their steady gaze. They were a-sparkle with mirth, and they shone like two eternity-black jades enwrought in snow.

And let's not come down to his mountain-like figure, with all those muscles bulging out of the expensive suit he was clasped in.

If I said Derek was a fine piece of art earlier, then this man right here is a perfectly shaped masterpiece.

Suddenly, what Derek had stuttered rang in my brain, King? Why does Derek address him as King? Is it a mere title? Or was he an actual king in real life?

“Leave us.” The sex God mumbled, staring straight ahead out of the window and scrutinizing the metropolis.

Huh? Who was he directed at?

I didn't have to wait long to get an answer. Derek mutely stood up and, without saying anything or without wasting even a split second, ran out of the restaurant as if his pants were on life.

Coward, Werey, Loser. I cursed at him in my head. If he was not a loser, why else was he not competent enough to stand up for himself? Somebody just walked in and ordered him to leave, and he did that without even a second thought.

I gaped after his retreating in disbelief.

He's got to be kidding me!

Oh well, that should be the end of this so-called date.

I took my attention back to the sex God, only to see him already occupying Derek's previous seat, and glaring at me, intensively.

Glaring? I should be the one glaring at him for ruining my date, and not the other way around.

Not only that, but I squirm uncomfortably from the intensity of his stare, and the awkward and tense silence that has to wrap us like a cold blanket.

“Hi?” I tried breaking the uncomfortable silence, but ended up embarrassing myself since it came out as a question instead of a greeting.

I thought Derek had unnecessarily got nervous, but now I realize how it felt to be under these soul-digging dark orbs.

I was nervous to the point my palms started sweating, my insides twisted in a not-so-pleasant way.

“You reek of him.” For a moment, I was left breathless, and my stomach erupted with colourful butterflies. His voice wasn't the kind that was smooth, sweet, and melodious. It was the kind that was harsh, hard, and rough, it was raspy in a way that has bass at the end.

As cliché as this may sound, it was pleasing to my ears like a dull lullaby. I swear I could listen to him talk all day.

Until his words registered in my brain, and I was like, “What?” I frowned at him. The annoying part was that he didn't bother to repeat what he had said, instead he continued.

“And I don't like it.” I saw his tongue flog the rooftop of his mouth. I swear my heart did a double take at the mere action of watching him.

“I don't like it when other males have their scent on you.” At this point, I began wondering what he was talking about and who he was talking to, because I am certain it was not me.

I know I have a funny look on, since I was inwardly doing the same.

“Luna, I believe you're the one I'm talking to. Show me, where did he touch you.” Oh, how I want to sigh dreamingly, there's something about the way he speaks that makes my insides giddy.

Wait, What?

“How did you know my middle name?” I asked.

“Show me where he touched you because I'm seconds away from going out there and snapping his neck.” He growled, like the animalistic kind of growl.

I somehow knew he wasn't kidding, and I'm not about to take his warnings for play.

“Here,” I told him, putting my right hand on the table, he was quick to take my hand in his grasp. I watched in surprise, while my face burned in embarrassment when he started rubbing his against my hand in a possessive way.

He was doing it in a way simpler to how an animal stakes their claim territorially.

“Mine!” He claims, now we all agree that I'm not crazy. “You're mine, mine only.” He affirms, I could only watch him as I was left speechless by everything going on.

“Go home, darling, and make sure to stay away from those males.” He stood up and left like nothing happened, leaving me to stare after his retreating back dumbfounded.

This date is a total disaster.