Chapter 2

After dinner, Roshni and the others returned to their home. As it was a tiring day for everyone, they retired to their rooms to rest. After some time, Roshni emerged from the washroom wearing her night dress. She moved towards the balcony, glancing at the peaceful moon and sky. However, Roshni was lost in her own thoughts.

Roshni's POV:

The preparations are going on in full swing. Parveen aunty, Chandhi aunty, and even my mom are really excited for his arrival. They are freaking out with excitement and driving everyone nuts. To be honest, everyone loves and cares for each other in this family. I am very lucky to be a part of this family. And to be honest, I am very excited for his arrival, but at the same time, I am nervous to face him after seven long years. At least this time, will he talk to me like he talks to others? Please, God, don't break my trust and hope this time too.

End of Roshni's POV.

Tears flowed freely from her eyes, which she didn't even care to wipe. Her thoughts were consumed by HIM. Like this, her whole night passed in the battle with herself because tomorrow, her love, her life, is coming.

Sunrays fell on Roshni's face, making her groan and feel irritated. She opened her eyes and looked around, only to find herself sitting on the balcony, which made her frowned. Then she realized that she had slept on the balcony the previous night. She rushed inside her room and looked at the time, widening her eyes in shock. It was 6:30 am, and she should be there by 8 because she wanted to help them, and he would arrive at 11. She rushed into the bathroom to get ready. After a few minutes, she emerged wearing a Red Anarkali, which was simple yet made her look gorgeous. She descended the stairs, where her father, mother, and brother were sitting in the hall, engaged in conversation. She looked at them and smiled brightly.

Roshni: "Good morning, everyone."

Asad pa/Salma ma: "Good morning, princess/Rosh," they said with a smile.

Kabir: "Good morning, sleepyhead."

Roshni: "Bhaiiiiiii," she said with a pout.

Before she could say anything, Salma ma intervened.

Salma ma: "Idiot, don't start in the morning itself, Kabir. Rosh, don't mind him. I have many works to do before going there, so please don't disturb me," she said, moving from there, while Roshni stuck her tongue out at Kabir, who fake-glared at her. Asad pa laughed at their antics. After some time, they reached the Mehras' house. They were all bustling around, preparing for the arrival.

Parveen ma: "Roshni beta, you look beautiful," she said, caressing her head.

Amir pa: "Looking like a pretty princess."

Before he could continue, there was a loud sound, and they turned to look at the direction of the noise.

Chandhi ma: "What did you say? You always said I am the prettiest one in the world, and now you say Roshni is the pretty one? Were you lying to me these days? I believed you like a fool. How could you do this to me?" she said, with a crying face, while Roshni looked at her with widened eyes, and some shook their heads at her drama, as it happened every time, while some tried to suppress their laughter and smiles. Amir pa looked at her with widened eyes.

Amir pa: "It's not what you think. Actually, she was looking pretty, so I—"

He was cut off by Chandhi ma.

Chandhi ma: "Ohhh, that means I look like a ghost to you? How dare you?"

Parveen ma: "STOP IT," she said, glaring at them, while others laughed, and Roshni smiled at them. "Here, a lot of work is pending, and you two are fighting like children. Amir, come with me; I need your help."

Parveen ma shook her head and left from there with Salma ma, who was laughing at them. Roshni moved near Chandhi ma, who was glaring at her husband. Amir pa pleaded with Roshni to calm her down, to which Roshni nodded her head.

Roshni: "You look beautiful and pretty always," she said, and gave a rose to Amir pa to give to Chandhi ma without her knowledge.

Amir pa: "See, I only give roses to those I love so much in the world. You are the only person who looks really pretty," he said, and gave a rose to her, making her blush. Roshni smiled at them, as they were always like this: one minute they would fight, and the next minute they would be all lovey-dovey. As time passed, Roshni's heart beat faster, as he would arrive in a few minutes. They waited at the doorstep, keeping their eyes on the entrance gate.

There was the sound of a car, which made Roshni's heart beat rise. The car stopped in front of them, and in fear of facing him, Roshni ran inside the home. Meanwhile, Aman stepped out of the car, wearing a black suit, looking hot and handsome, while others looked at him with pride. Aman looked at everyone and smiled. Parveen ma asked Chandhi ma to bring the aarti thal and performed the aarti, while tears welled up in her eyes.

Parveen ma: "Come inside, Aman."

Aman: "Ma, wait," he said, and bent down to take her blessing, while they all looked at him with awe, even though he was away from India, he didn't forget his traditions. He even took blessings from every elder.

Aryan: "Bhai, how are you? I missed you," he said, hugging him.

Aman: "I am fine, Aryan."

Kabir: "Hey, man, how are you?"

Aman: "I am great, ho—"

He was about to continue, but stopped upon hearing the sound.

Sara/Saima: "BHAIIIIII," they said, jumping on Aman, which made him stumble, but he composed himself, while others laughed at their antics.

Sara/Saima: "How are you, Bhai?"

Aryan: "Till now, he was fine, but not anymore," he said, earning many glares. Sara and Saima opened their mouths to say something. Before they could start their bickering, Parveen ma spoke.

Parveen ma: "He just arrived. You three have already started. Let him rest for a while."

Chandhi ma: "Yes, Aman, you go and freshen up, while we set the table."

Aman smiled and nodded, moving towards his room.

As Aman climbed the stairs, Roshni peeked from the kitchen, and at that moment, Aman turned to look at his mom and smiled brightly. Roshni forgot to breathe when she saw him smiling. His small brown eyes sparkled, his sharp nose, and his pink lips with a breathtaking smile. Roshni had seen him in pictures during those years, but those pictures were nothing compared to seeing him in person now. Roshni's cheeks instantly heated up with a blush creeping on her face. Aman went upstairs, followed by Aryan, Kabir, Sara, and Saima, with his bags carried by the workers.

So how was the chapter, guys? Do tell me in the comment section.

Precap :

Aman says thanks to Roshni, and a new entry occurs.