Chapter I: Getting used to Inkopolis

Heya! Little update before the chapter begins. This chapter takes place a month after both 8 and 3 move in. Alright let's get started.

Agent 3 POV

As I arrive back from a mission I noticed that agent 8 was making herself to eat. From the month that we have lived together, I've made the realization that at some point Agent 8 would have to get herself and education. Even if it's not the same education they would teach octarians.

"8! I'm back from my mission" I said as a sat myself down on the couch. "O-oh! W-wel-c-come back a-agent 3!" Agent 8 started, "Y-you m-made i-it just i-in time!" The stuttering octoling explained. "I-I made f-food!" Agent 8 finished her sentence. As I heard the last part of her sentence I got up from my spot and sat at the dining table. She ended up cooking some shrimp. Agent 8 put 2 plates down. Now thinking about it they're a really good cook, even though she's mainly a battle octoling. I'm guessing whenever they had time at home she would cook.

As i finished my thoughts I noticed the food is already on the table. "Agent 8?" I called. "H-hm?" She replied. "Do you have siblings?" I asked them. "I-I am n-not s-sure a-agent 3, I w-would n-need to e-eat a m-mem cake t-to k-know that." The agent said. Right she has to eat those mem cakes to remember her past. "Oh alright" I said. After I bite into my food. I find it pretty tasty but I keep my excitement to myself so I don't freak out 8.

After dinner me and 8 decided it was best to get to know each other better. Now thinking about it we haven't really taken time to actually get to know each as roommates, personally I still see them as another agent. As me and 8 sat on the couch I decided it was best to speak up first. "So... my actual name is Miyu Yumi. You can still call me 3 if you like, but we do have to start calling each other by our actual names at some point." I told agent 8. She nodes her head. "W-Well f-from what I h-heard, m-my name is a-apparently H-Hina I-Isamu. I'm p-probably going t-to e-eat a mem c-cake to make sure." They told me. Sheesh I really need to teach her more inkling before she can get anything type of education. I though. "Hina, I was planning on taking you to the school I go to, but I realized I should teach you more inkling before doing so." I started. "So from now on we'll take an hour of the day to learn more inkling." I finish. She thinks for a quick second and says, "O-okay M-Miyu"
————————————————————

Agent 8 POV

I've been getting somewhat better at my inkling but not enough to go to school. I feel like me having an hour everyday to learn the language is better for me than learning it on my own. Even thought I would love to follow marina foot steps, I think it's better if I learn it with someone who speaks it on a daily. After I excuse myself from the couch and walk into the bedroom me and 3 shares. Marina recently gave me a journal to write whatever I want to in there. So I quickly pick up a pen and start writing.

"Today me and agent 3 have a very interesting conversation. They first told me that their name was Miyu Yumi, and then after they told me that they would help me learning inkling so I can be able to go to school with them! I'm really glad that they're warming up to me. The sad part is that I still have nightmares every night about the deep sea metro. I really hope this doesn't continue."

As I finished up writing my last thoughts, I get up from my seat and start gettting ready for bed. I do my usually routine and then get into bed. The bed is very comfortable. Then I just lay there as Miyu gets into their bed to lay down and sleep. After awhile I hear soft snoring letting me know that Miyu was asleep. I try to think about happy thoughts and sooner or later I end up falling asleep.

Hey everyone! Shadow here, sorry if I haven't been around. I've been losing motivation and I also somewhat forgot about this story. I'll try to update more often, luckily school is almost over so I can somewhat update every once in awhile! But enough about why I've disappeared, I hope you enjoy the chapter. If you have any ideas on what the next chapter should be let me know! See you soon shadow squad! - shadow <3

840 words