Possible Mistake

The two boys stood and sat in silence as they process the thing in Ali's hand.

"Hwat is— what is that thing?" Viktor questions as he points to the device.

"I dunno, all I know is that those kidnappers most likely were looking for this!"

Both are looking at the device with mixed feelings. Viktor cringes a little and Ali looks puzzled as tries to look at it in every angle possible.

Yet when Ali positions the thing in front of him, whatever he pressed made device scanning his face and transform into some lab goggles looking item.

Silence looms the Ong's dining room before followed by screaming kids. "EYYO?! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!???" Shouts Viktor.

"I DON'T KNOW!? IT JUST HAPPENED!"

"CAN YOU TAKE IT OFF?!?"

"I'LL TRY, BUT IT'S NOT A GUARANTEE?!"

—————

Whatever Ali's seeing now is strange, everything feels the same as a regular goggle or glasses but the key difference is that it seems to analyze any and all items ang people.

.

[VIKTOR ONG

STATUS: BEST FRIEND

THREAT: LOW]

Well, that was something. But still, he still has to take the thing off. Problem is, how? His hands roams around the sides of his head, oh, it does have a rim.

He kept searching around the rim and found what feels to be a button thing.

—————

The situation calmed down when the thing finally got off of Ali. "Oh thank the heavens." Sighs Viktor. 

"Li, follow me."

Confused, but Ali obliges. They walk towards Viktor's room. "Uhh, why are we going to your room?" Viktor doesn't answer, instead, he rummages through his belongings before picking up his tool box and a smaller box with a label on it. "Okayyy????"

"Ali, go grab the thing from under the wardrobe."

Ali looks at his friend's wardrobe, confused unsurprisingly. "Uhhh, what under?" Because he does not see what Viktor was talking about. 

His friend sighs. "Haiya, the drawer on the left!" He points.

Ali gives a small nod of understanding, as he search around, the drawer was....

"It's passcode locked." Seriously Vik?

Rolling his eyes, Ali grabs the gadget from his pocket, to put it on and see what else it can do.

As he put on the device, the digital screen starts to analyze the codes to the drawer.

[PASSCODE: 5716]

Ali only looks at it slightly annoyed. "Did you seriously put the passcode as the Detektif Jebat release date?" He asked as he enters said passcode.

Viktor only lets out some small laugh. "Hehe, don't take it seriously ma, you know I'm a Jebat fan."

"Whatever you say, man." He opens the drawer. There is a slightly worn down laptop in it. 'the heck?!'

After Ali picks up the laptop in slight hesitant, Viktor looks pleased. "Now that we got what we needed, let's go back to—" Ali cuts him off.

"Hold on," he was using the device again instead of taking it off. His expression became that of a horrified face. ".... We need to go."

"Why? What's wrong?"