Shrimp Tempoyak

It was a peaceful day in the neighborhood  of Cyberraya. Seems a bit too peaceful don't you think?

"EXCUSE ME, MAKE WAY, MAKE WAY!"

Ah, there it is.

A young boy speeding on his scooter on his way to school.

This, is Ali bin Ghazali. Who doesn't know him? The son of dr.Ghazali, one of the three leaders of Cyberraya City.

"I'm gonna be late for school, I'm sooo dead!" he mutters out loud.

And suddenly, his stomach was growling. "haah, I haven't ate breakfast yet....." he stopped his tracks. He then saw some nearby vendor by the street. "......ah well, I'm in trouble either way." He shrugs as he made his way to the vendor.

"Excuse me sir, can I order one nasi lemak?"

The vendor answered. "Sure, anything extra ya wanna add?"

"Sure, um, a fried chicken, sunny side egg, and can you switch the chili with something else?"

"Sure kid, whaddya want?"

"Um, tempoyak, shrimp tempoyak!"

Hearing the last food item made something click in the vendor's head. "Well, why don't cha say so?" He scrambled around for the order.

"Here ya go kid." He hands out the box

Ali took the box in a hurry and stuffed it in his bag. "Thanks, sir!" He then pulled out his lunch money from his pocket, "so how much i—"

"No need to pay kid, this one's on me."

"Really?! Thank you so much!" He then hopped back onto his scooter and rushed his way to school.

Once the boy disappeared from his sight, the vendor was approached by some mysterious man.

"Wak Musang."

"Ah, yes, what do you want to order, my good sir?"

"Shrimp tempoyak."

Wak Musang's face seems to froze on his casual expression, albeit his eyes were widened.

"...... Oh shit."

—————

Ali snuck his way to class, hopefully not encountering the head prefect.

Crawling his way, attempting to avoid Ms.Munah's wrath. Keyword: attempted. He was met with a pair of legs on the way his seat. Looking up, it was the head prefect and class president:

Alicia.

Alicia looked at him with disapproval. "Ms. Munah, Ali just arrived late!"

"Again? This kid I swear, Ali!"

Ali stood up straight from the floor, nearly losing balance a bit. "Yes, ma'am!"

"You stand there in the corner until the subject is done!"

"goddammit.... Yes Ms. Munah.." he says, mumbling the first word away from the class.

"What was that I hear?" Alicia tease, her and her sharp hearing makes Ali grow a bit frustrated.

"Isaidfamine, okay? Now will you excuse me, I'm going to embarrass myself."

"Like you haven't already." He can just FEEL the smugness from his class president, and all he can do is roll his eyes in annoyance.

—————