~Ch. 9: Sting like a bee

Depuis le début

Wow, that wasn't horrible.

"Hey, it's no problem. You really are special," there he goes again. "You've made everyone in our friend group seen a bit closer, thanks to you. Todd hardly ever hung out with us after high school, so it's nice to see everyone in our friend group talking again."

I nodded before a small smile from that reassurance settled in. I finally understand why I felt so bubbly around him. His presence alone confused me wildly from day one and I could never figure out why. Now, I understood why. I was most definitely infatuated with him but not in ways people may think. No, I was falling, hard, for this blue haired boy. I can admit it, but can I admit it to my heart? Probably not. I mean, who could love me when I always hurt people? I've always struggled with self awareness to the point where I've forgotten where my morals stood. I was the lost one, for the most part. But, one thing is for sure, I was indeed falling for him.

That one fact, I can admit. Not to him, no.

"I'm very flattered by those kind words, thank you....Sally," I carefully spoke, smiling softly.

His mask rose just a bit, indicating a smile in return.

I cleared my throat before I settled back into walking next to him, allowing the soft silence and the warm wind pulling us closer together, feeling at peace.

~in class~

I drowned out the professors words, taking notes before I felt something hit my foot. I looked down to see a pencil. I looked over to see a girl who awkwardly smiled. I smiled back before handing her pencil back, continuing my notes.

~after class~

I walked back to the dorm halls, restless, but not afraid of anything at that moment.

Before I grabbed the handle of my doorknob, I was quickly yanked away and slammed up against the wall.

I let out a slight, coherent yelp before I felt a hard slap to the face.

"That's what you get, stupid bitch!"

I recognized that voice.

"Travis, is it?" I grunted, pulling myself together.

"What do you want." It wasn't a question.

"For you and those sick freaks to get out of my town!" Of course. How blindly could I have just waltzed into his domain. How pitiful, even.

I rolled my eyes.

"Touch me again, and you won't touch me again, got it?" I warned.

He laughed in my face, pointing at me as a few students gathered over, curious as to what was going on.

Honestly, mind your business.

"You really have the nerve to step foot on this school and talk down on me?" He taunted. "It's a shame poor mommy isn't here, considering she is rotting away, just like your pathetic da-"

'SLAP'

I was mortified, yet fuming, with emotions I hadn't shown in a long time.

I felt a sting on my hand as he held his cheek in hatred and anger.

"Y-you......bitch!" He screamed before he threw me against the wall yet again and tried landing a punch on my face. I tried to quickly move away, but he was too strong for my small frame as I felt pain shoot up my lip and cheek.

I spat out blood before I heard running from a direction I couldn't hear from.

My head was spinning from the blow, I definitely heard a loud snap on my jaw before I slid down the wall.

That's when it started. All I could feel was pain as he violently kicked at my ribs and chest, sending me into a state of sheer panic.

All of a sudden, he stopped as I heard protests. I opened my eyes painfully to see one of the teachers pulling him away as another teacher came over to check on me.

"Ma'am, can you hear me?"

Faintly, I nodded slowly, trying hard to stay awake.

I then heard more quick footsteps before I looked over, seeing Ash with a look of horror as she screamed and ran over to me.

"Do you know her?" The teacher asked.

"Y-yes, she's my best friend!" Ash quickly answered.

"Okay, good, could you drive her to the hospital?"

"Of course," She quickly stood up and dialed a number.

"Larry?! H-hey, come to (y/n's dorm room, please. Hurry. Larry, it doesn't matter, just- get here quickly! Oh my god, she's bleeding everywhere- WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Ashley was passing through quite a few emotions as she held her phone in one and hand screaming at Travis.

I hadn't even noticed how much blood was seeping through my mouth and stomach. How is it possible to receive a blow that causes so much blood? It could be from my head, it could be from my mouth, who knows.

All I know is I was slowly blacking out, the voices of the teacher forcing Travis out of the halls and away from the scene and the other trying to get me to stay awake slowly drowned out.

Before I blacked out, I saw vibrant blue hair and the shoes of Larry.

Then, everything was cold.

So....very cold.

____________________

Don't forget to like and comment!

Word count: 1441