~ch. 6: An odd encounter

Every time I update, I'll be updating two chapters at once, so if it takes me while to update, that's why :)

And another thing, this story won't be like the game.

Anyways, enjoy~!

______________

My head was spinning with nausea and a new feeling that I can't decipher.

I decided to bite down the bullet and step back out of the elevator, looking at my surroundings.

A long hallway that definitely has not been renovated in over a decade or two was right in front of me, but I couldn't turn back since the elevator wouldn't allow me to. So, I put my big girl pants on and slowly walked down the hall to the first door to the right. A door that was beat to hell, it would seem. There was no number plates, just doors under maintenance, I think.

I took a deep breath in and tried the door.

Locked.

I released my hand from the handle and decided to try the next door down.

Locked again.

Tried the third door, it was also locked.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. It was silent, really silent.

Almost deafening. I stood there and was about to walk towards the elevator until I heard a long, eerie sound that caught my attention even though I wished it hadn't.

I turned my head to see the very last door I seemed to miss to open completely.

Then, I heard crying. This set alarms in my head, telling me to turn back and leave. But, my body was drawn to it, I couldn't turn back.

I slowly walked down the hall, my heart racing with every breath and step. I gulped before I slowly leaned my head into the room.

I scanned the empty apartment that was dark, but not impossible to see and scope out the place. That's when I turned my head to see a stack of newspapers and.....

What seems to be a man standing with his back towards me. My whole body stiffened and I gripped onto the side of the door, terrified. I thought of slowly leaving so he wouldn't notice I was there in the first place until he spoke.

"The dark," His voice was low and raspy, a hint of loneliness in it as well.

"It makes me wonder......if there was ever even a god," he finished.

I slowly backed away from him and ran towards the elevator once I felt safe. Only then, did the elevator work. I pressed the third floor button many times before the doors finally closed.

I took a deep breath in and placed my hand over my heart, closing my eyes.

Who WAS THAT?! That honestly scared the fuck out of me.

The elevator doors opened and I dashed to Sal's apartment door before knocking until he opened the door.

"Hey, what's-" I shut him up by hugging him out of fear. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't let go. I was afraid.

He wrapped his arms around me, trying to calm me down before he pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"What's going on?" He asks soothingly. I took a deep breath in before speaking.

"T-there was a guy on the fifth floor. The elevator took me to the fifth floor."

His eyes narrowed before he grabbed my hand and started speed walking to the elevator. I tried pulling back.