Wednesday

[Y/n's POV]

I woke up because someone was blasting my phone. It was 5:48 in the morning. "How much did I sleep...?" I said slowly, trying to come back to the real world. I was having a weird dream, I was running through the woods as someone held my hand. We were being hung down by something, I still felt the anxiety from the dream. "Maybe I read way too many horror stories", I thought while picking my phone and checking what was happening. I just then saw almost a hundred of messages from Toby, mostly calling me by my name.

As I was scrolling through all of that, the last ones took my attention. They were from a few minutes ago. "How are you?" "I finished work early today" "maybe you want to hang out today?" "If you're not busy ofc". I smiled, this was the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to me. I decided to ignore it for the moment and just say good morning. I still don't know him, but at least he's not a dangerous creep. Well, maybe a creep. But not dangerous. He makes me feel pretty comfortable too, it usually takes me time to get used to people, so maybe I was getting a little biased here.

I got ready to school, time flies when you're entertained with something. During the morning, Toby and me kept exchanging messages. In the end he agreed to pick me up from school at 12, during the second break, so we could go somewhere. Wednesdays we're usually boring, the last two hours were English, but I didn't have to take the class, making me finish class two hours before everyone else.
Once the clock hit 11:55, the break started. My friend was excited to finally see him. She worries a lot for me, sometimes it feels like she's my mother. We went to the school gates and both lighted a cigarette, waiting for Toby to show up.

Around 12:03, a white car parked in front of the school, and then he came down, searching for me, my friend giving him and up and down look. "Damn girl, he's pretty fine", she whispered before he reached us. A small blush appeared, I was getting a little too excited over this. Once he was with us, he greeted my friend and asked me if we should go. I said goodbye and went with him. He'd told me there was a place he enjoyed where we could go for a small picnic, so I agreed. I don't know why on earth I thought this was fine, but at least I'd be able to see his face.

After a 20 minute ride, we reached a road end. The trip wasn't awkward, or uncomfortable. He asked me about my school and how my day was. It's been a long time since someone asked that being genuinely interested in it.
We got down the car and he took a bag from the backseat. I really wonder where he wants to take me. He guided me through some woods, and he kept me close to him so I wouldn't get lost. It was very sweet of him.
In the end, we reached a small clear, with a river near. It was a peaceful place, and the weather was just perfect. 

As I was admiring the place, Toby set up a blanket and some food on the ground. Then he asked me to go sit with him. I was somehow nervous. It's been a while since I did something nice like this with another person. I usually would take alone walks around the nearby woods, but I don't go with people that often.
But he was off, more silent. <<you're dead>> <<he's killing you>>. Probably I made some expression, because he looked worried. "Are you okay, y/n?" "Yeah, my meds are not working" I said, trying to laugh it off, "sorry for scarring you, Toby. I'm fine, thanks". I smiled at him, trying to comfort him. I didn't like to see people get worried about me.

He smiled back, then turned his head, making himself look at the sky. "Y'know..." He started talking, yet nothing else came. "What's wrong?" I asked, hoping I didn't mess up. "Maybe I can offer him a hug" I thought, but I quickly tossed it away. I met him two days ago, for gods sake. "Well, there was something I wanted to tell you about...", he began again, looking even more nervous than before. I stayed silent, looking at him to let him know I was listening. "I don't want you to freak out okay? I think you deserve to know the reason behind the face cover, but promise me to not freak out please". He seemed like a scared toddler showing his mother a cut from playing around.

"Okay, don't worry about it" I answered. How bad could it be anyways?. He slowly removed his mask, revealing a big wound on the right cheek that allowed me to see inside his mouth. It was something I've never seen before, but it made him even more interesting. I asked him how the hell that happened, and he told me he couldn't feel pain and that he was on a big car accident while he was a child, getting the wound. "Well, Told you I wasn't gonna freak out" I said after he finished his story, "I think it makes you more interesting". He blushed a little bit and then he invited me to eat, probably to distract himself.

We finished eating and he walked me through more beautiful places around the woods. In the end we held hands during a long time, and I was getting way too comfortable doing it. "Y/n" he called me, as he noticed I was zoning out a little. "Yes?" "Are you okay? You seem worried" he said, getting a little closer to me. "Yeah, I just spaced out for a sec, it's normal on me". "Okay" he replied "this may sound weird but can I give you a hug? Maybe that can help you get grounded...", Toby commented, looking down. I nodded, usually I don't like hugs, but I wanted to give it a shot.

He pulled me close to him, grabbing me by the upper waist and wrapping his arms around me. I felt good, but also very embarrassed. I don't know why, but I noticed I get shy around him. Maybe because he's new on my life. I hugged him back, passing my arms behind his neck.
We stayed like that for a minute or so, and for once I felt a little peace inside.

We kept exploring, occasionally stopping because he asked for more hugs. It was strange and scary to get closer to someone in that little amount of time, but it also felt great. Once I checked the hour, it was almost 6:19  in the evening. It got so late out of nowhere...Toby guided us back to the car and he drove me back home.

When we arrived I thanked him for the amazing day. I truly had fun with him, and he makes me feel good too. Right before I was gonna get out of the car, he grabbed me my the arm and kissed my cheek. "I liked today a lot, thank you. See you around, y/n" and with a smile, he put his masks on again. "I enjoyed it too, Toby" I said with a smile, and with that, I got out, closing the door behind me.

I waved him goodbye from my door as he drove away. I entered home as fast as I could, locking my doors. Then I went to my room to FaceTime my friend and tell her everything that happened today. I was really excited about this. It felt like we instantly clicked, and it was the first time that happened to me. "I really hope we stay like this for a long time" I thought, turning on my computer.