𝕫𝕖𝕣𝕠 | Prologue

2004 London

"I quit," Florence says, slamming her ID badge onto the desk. Her boss looks up at her wide eyed.

"You can't just quit, you need to put in your two week notice" he says sliding the badge back across the desk.

"I've already paid the early termination penalty, it's already been cleared with HR, Goodbye Mr Knoxx" she states, spinning on her heels she strides out of the office, workers peering in through the opened door scatter as she makes her way towards the elevators. Knoxx hot on her heels.

"I'll ruin you, you'll never work in the tech industry again"

The elevator door opens and Florence steps in turning and hitting the ground floor button "Be my guest" Florence replies as her lips twitch into a smirk, the elevator doors shutting in his face. She steps out onto the busy streets of London. Florence's phone begins to vibrate as she heads to the taxi stand sliding into the back of the cab and reciting her address, she pulls the phone from her pocket Pepper Potts flashing on the screen, her finger hits the accept button before she lifts the phone to her ear.

"Hey, Pepper it's been a while since we last talked," Florence says.

"Yeah, we need to meet for drinks," Pepper replies hurriedly

"Is everything good over there," Florence asks.

"Honestly no, I have a big favour to ask of you, I have a job offer for you, how would you like to be Tony Stark's personal assistant" Pepper asks with hope laced in her voice.

"Isn't that your job, he's also quite a character from what I've seen," Florence replies her eyebrow furrowing.

"I can't think of anyone more experienced and suitable for the job," Pepper sighs.

"Considering that I was just 'blacklisted' by my ex-boss and I still owe you a favour, I'll do it. I can be in Malibu by Monday".