{chapter 16} The Gathering (everyone/3rd Person)

TimberPaw was running next to his mentor, they were halfway there.

The full moon was almost at its highest peak, it's beauty already shone onto the thunderClan cats as they ran.

"RainWhiskers? Can I ask you something?" TimberPaw looked to his left, the white-gray she-cat turned to him and nodded, TimberPaw had this question for a long time.

"isn't it weird that we had two new litters in leaf-bare while it's safer to happen in Newleaf or Greenleaf?" TimberPaw asked.

"well...yes but.." she paused, turning her head to see how far it was until they reached the island "you know what? I'll tell you after the gathering." she said.

TimberPaw nodded and looked ahead.

They were running behind SharpStar and SilentStone, CoyotePaw was running behind them, Aquawhisper next to her with GoldenSmoke, LionFang was behind them with AspenNose with OldFire and Tattered Talon, that left RoyalScar at the rear.

The tall oak came into view already yet they hadn't crossed the tree bridge yet, they slowed as SharpStars tail was held erect, signaling for them to stop.

The thunderClan cats came to a halt next to the tree bridge, waiting for the next signal. CoyotePaw raised her head to see the next signal.

SharpStars tail kinked over back, with the signal sent, SharpStar took off with his group of thunderClan cats behind him.

He jumped onto the tree bridge with his clan behind him.

The group went their own ways and joined the chatter. RoyalScar went with SharpStar to have a chit-chat with the other two leaders.

RainWhiskers went over to a group of Windclan and riverclan warriors and apprentices with TimberPaw trailing a few paces behind.

Shadowclan came shortly after, it seemed like whole shadowclan was here without CresentStar.

Only a warrior or three-four were missing along with their leader, their deputy—still thin as ever—walked up to the leaders.

The shadowclan warriors and apprentices seperated and joined the chatting groups.

CoyotePaw saw the three leaders leap—the deputy half-climbing half-leaping— onto the into the Great Oak.

With a yowl from StoneStar the cats chatter died down and some cats moved closer to the Great Oak.

SharpStar looked at the deputy and nodded for her to go first, the deputy gave a —respectful— nod back and stood up "Shadowclan has lost their medicine cat, RunningPelt."

TimberPaw looked at RainWhiskers, why weren't they announcing their loss of their medicine apprentice too? Or RagingHowls?

"the prey has become even less in shadowclan territory, we hope Newleaf will provide our territory with more prey, and that our prey will last us long enough." the she-cat spoke with no intentions of hunting on another clans territory.

"and as for our leader not showing up for the gathering.. He isn't feeling so well at the moment." with a nod towards FlameStar she sat back down.

The flame-colored she-cat stepped forward "riverclan has enough prey to keep the clan alive. That is all." the she-cat stepped back and nodded at StoneStar.

The tomcat stepped forward "prey is getting scarcer everyday, but we have hopes that it'll last long enough." the tom looked at one cat in the crowd "and we have a new warrior! GingerPaw has earned her warrior name and is now called GingerFur."

The ginger she-cat held her chin high while cats looked at the newly made warrior and chanted her new name.

"and that's all." the tom stepped back while the tall black tom stepped forward.