Chapter 3: Death

Ylva walked on and finally arrived at the outskirts of the village where she found the same old woman who sold her the wolf fang days ago. The old woman was sitting beside her carriage that was connected to the two horses by a rope. "Obaa-san!" She exclaimed, a little surprised.

"Surprised, aren't you, dearie?" The old woman chuckled.

"Why are you here, obaa-san?" She asked curiously. The old woman smiled and patted the girl's head. "I saw what you did there in the village, I was right in saying that you had the scent of a beast. It's even stronger now." She said. "By the way, my name is Adi, which means the first. Call me obaa-san as before, we'll be traveling together no matter what."

"Yes?" Ylva answered though it sounded more like a question.

"Alright! Now get on board!" Adi told her as she herself got on the carriage's driver seat energetically. Ylva reluctantly got on and sat beside the old woman. The carriage began to move forward and they soon were out of the village's sights.

Ylva looked around and finally noticed that no one else was around. "Eh, obaa-san, you don't have anyone else with you?" She asked. Adi nodded. "That's right, dearie. I was traveling alone before but now that you're here with me, it won't be as lonely as before."

"But won't it be hard in case bandits come after us?" She asked. "We won't be able to defend against them."

"That's where you're wrong, dearie, I may be old but when I was younger, I was a well-known female soldier. I still got some tricks up in my sleeves. Besides, you're here with me. As I told you before, I saw your strength back in the village. Despite being a three-year old, your teeth was strong enough to pierce through the adult man's skin." Adi told her.

"That's true, then I guess I'll be in your care, obaa-san." She said politely with a bow.

"Ahahaha," Adi chuckled. "You're such a cute kid. I'm sure our travels will become more interesting than before." She said.

_________________________________________________________________

Eleven years later...

[Narpolia Harbor, Reim Empire]

It was evening now and two important characters were sitting down in an inn with one of them writing something on the parchment while the other was overseeing his writing. The first one was a 14-year old boy with long purple hair and golden eyes while the latter was an older man with long blond hair that reached past his shoulders. He also had a goatee.

The former was Ylva's childhood friend, Sinbad, while the latter was the current king of Balbadd, Rashid Saluja or otherwise known as "Harun."

"Sinbad, this part here...you mentioned about having a childhood friend named Ylva, right?" Harun asked in curiosity. Sinbad nodded in response and kept on writing. The name was strangely familiar and as the king read on, he suddenly remembered.