𝘴𝘪𝘹 - 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶

You had a dream

You had a dream. A foolish, unachievable dream at that—yet it was enough to give you the strength to wake up in the morning. Even if fate was against you, you still clung on to the small hope that you could become an architect and stand alongside the person whom you held most dear.

    The art of being able to create something purely of your own means, the time and effort it took to create and the satisfaction of seeing your work take shape were all something you had desired. Even though you personally couldn't do much, you were able to create as many designs as you wanted on paper, sketching them out with ink and quill on days where you couldn't physically go outside and do something else.

    Even if your life was cursed, you had a dream to hold on to.

    But now...it was truly impossible.

    The hand you had used to create such artwork was now rendered entirely useless, a pitiful limb simply dangling down at your side. You would never be able to create artwork again—nor would you be able to stand by his side.

    You couldn't do anything anymore except weep. Weep in your sorrows, weep in your misfortune, and weep at the fact that you couldn't change anything. You wished that someone would take away your heart so you didn't have to feel this everlasting misery.

    People say that the moment you give up, your life is over—but what the hell were you supposed to do if your life was over before it started? What were you supposed to do if your predetermined demise fell upon you no matter how much you tried to deflect it? How many times had you lost yourself in hopeful wishes that pushed you into the ground whenever the world made it blatantly clear that they could never come true?

If pain made you stronger...how much more of it would you have to bear?
    How many more times did you have to weep?

    A future in which you could be glad to be alive, a day where you can look towards the future with a smile—you wished for that more than anything.

You didn't want Kaveh to see this side of you, so selfish and pathetic that he would no doubt leave you behind. After all, you were a shell of a person–a silly excuse for a human being.

    I'm sorry, Kaveh.

    Please don't despise me.

<><><><><><>

A messenger burst open the door to the library in a hurry, his gaze scanning for a certain blonde-haired individual. Once he spotted the man he was searching for, he hurriedly dashed over to him, sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Good sir, please excuse my rude intrusion but I was told to inform you as quickly as possible. It's about someone named (Y/n)--"

    At the sound of her name Kaveh immediately bolted upright, fear filling his lungs and threatening to consume him. Without even bothering to listen to the rest of his words, he bolted out of the Akademiya as fast as his legs could possibly take him.