𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘨𝘰

The canopy of leaves above your head provided shelter from the sweltering heat

The canopy of leaves above your head provided shelter from the sweltering heat. Throughout all of Teyvat, Sumeru was known for having higher temperatures along with freezing cold nights across the desert. You had never been able to see the desert due to your poor physical health, however you still enjoyed hearing first-hand accounts from other people that had gone.

    You were painfully aware of the fact that you would never have the opportunity to go to the desert, but it was still nice to be able to learn about the different terrains in Teyvat. Your body racked itself with a coughing fit, your lungs aching from the strain.

    Avidya forest was beautiful—from the vibrant flora to the bustling wildlife. Creatures were everywhere, ranging from buzzing insects to shaggy sumpter beasts. You envied them.

    If only you could be as free as a bird, allowed to soar far above the horizons you had known all your life to new places. Perhaps you would be able to go to Monstadt or Liyue Harbor if you could sprout wings.

    I'm so childish... what am I even thinking about?

    Placing a hand on your chest, you attempted to steady your breathing.

    A part of me wishes that I could just end all this pain already. Once you regained your composure you rose to your feet wearily, leaning against a tree to regain your strength. At the shift in position your head started to throb, a numb yet harsh pain that seemed to never end. It was as if someone was applying a continuous pressure to the back of your head, making moving and even speaking difficult.

    "(Y/n)?" a familiar voice called out to you in the woods. "What are you doing out here without someone beside you? I remember
instructing you to always have someone with you."

    "Sorry Tighnari, I just wanted some time to myself," you turned towards the direction of his voice. Since you two were roughly in the same age range you had known Tighnari for quite a while. With a resemblance to fennec fox, Tighnari was one of the few people you knew that sported animalistic features. He had black hair along with large ears and a tail, with highlights of green in both. He was a chief officer for the Forest Rangers and well-versed with medicinal herbs, meaning that you would often visit him for check-ups along with those from the doctor that lived in Sumeru city.

    "Are you feeling alright?" Tighnari walked towards you with both concern and sternness in his gaze. "You should know better than to go out in Avidya forest all on your own."

    You awkwardly avoided his gaze. Getting scolded by Tighnari was quite a mentally grueling experience and even though you knew that you should've gone out with someone, you felt suffocated around the constant sympathy from others. "I'm sorr—"

    Your words were cut off as excruciating pain dug its claws into your limbs. You hissed out in agony as a thousand daggers dug their way inside your skin, your legs giving out beneath you.