10. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙯𝙮

Start from the beginning

☆彡

i opened the door to my house, the house smelled like bacon, aunt meg was cooking. i dropped my bag next to the coat rack to make my way into the kitchen, elvis was playing while aunt meg was dancing around with a pan in her hand.

"you ain't nothing but a hound dog." she imitated elvis' voice.

i cracked the window open to release the scent, "nice seeing you too, aunt meg."

"oh hey!" she turned to look at me, "morg, what do you want to do for your birthday?"

"aunt meg, my birthday's not until next week." i scoffed.

"i know that but i just wanted to know if you were planning anything." she shrugged.

i tilted my head, "i'd have to ask but i'm probably just gonna invite my boyfriend over."

"boyfriend?" she giggled, "who's this lucky guy?"

"well, his name is dallas winston but i call him dally for short." i explained, "we've only been together for a month."

"month so what? have you guys ever-"

"no, oh god, hell no!" i shook my head.

dad came into the house with a happy smile, something you don't see especially after a shift from roofing houses. he entered the kitchen looking for a beer while whistling the elvis presley beats playing in the background.

i twiddled my thumbs just watching him, "why are you so happy?"

"i got the balls to ask out a lovely lady from the diner." he grinned.

"big brother's finally getting a date." aunt meg clapped her hands and jumped up to hug dad.

"dad, they're whores." i ruined the moment.

"i said the diner, not the dingo." he clapped back.

"well what's her name then?" i questioned, leaning against the counter.

"gladys hayes." dad says.

"oh, i know her!" i waved my finger up and down, "that's alex hayes' mom."

aunt meg and dad turned to me, "who?"

"alex hayes is just this kid who asked me out to homecoming once, i said no." i laughed at the end.

"bitch." aunt meg jokingly nudged me in the hip.

i rolled my eyes before taking a fresh water bottle out of the fridge and went down to my room. it was awfully daria n's smelly but i didn't mind, i preferred living in the dark and silence, minus the scent.

i plopped onto my bed, lied flat on my stomach, head sunk into my throw pillow. my gaze got deeper and deeper into the small light reflecting on my wall, it was a golden yellow, meaning the sunset was out. my smile grew and i got up to sit by my window. i sat on frame admiring the colors out in the sky. abrupt loudness can be heard from down the street, my head stretched out to see sodapop curtis and steve randle walking down the street from work.

"hey!" i cupped my hands over my mouth to create a louder volume.

"shit, it's dally's girl!" steve squeals.

they walk over to my window.

"dally told us about you guys, happy for y'all." soda congratulates as he steps over the mulch underneath my window.

"he said he was planning something for your birthday," steve kept snapping his fingers and nudging soda, "right, he wanted to get you something special."

"not gonna ruin my own surprise so i won't ask." i giggled.

"you doing anything special for your birthday?" soda asks.

"just having family over." i nodded.

"and dally." steve added.

i shook my head with a laugh to the joke.

"actually though, will you have him over?" soda drags on.

"yes, yes! i'll have him over too..."