Chapter 1

I got my letter early in the morning. It was seven am when I woke up, and I came downstairs to the scent of food cooking. Our house-elves were making breakfast for us. Normally, I would take the lift downstairs, but I decided to just walk instead. As I waited for the elves to finish up, I sat at the counter and read my letter, even though I knew everything it would say. I knew it was coming, and I already had everything bought for me when I was born, all I need was a wand, robes, and a pet.

"I'm going out with Pansy to Diagon Alley today, mum" I told my mother, whose name is Cecile, when she came down.

"That's fine. Just, Tabitha, don't get into any trouble, and if you see the Malfoys, give Lucius or Narcissa this" she handed me a folded and enveloped letter. I had wondered what it was, and why she had wanted me to give it to Dracos' parents.

I put that thought aside and met Pansy at Gringotts. We each had to go get money, as our parents typically put our earnings in our vaults instead of giving it to us. Pansy was waiting for me outside of Gringotts, and we walked inside together. The two of us parted and got a goblin to take us to each of our vaults. We went to my vault first, my number being 13, and Pansys' being 17.

After Gringotts, Pansy and I went to get our robes. In there, we had our robes fitted and payed for. Afterwards, we went to Ollivanders to get our wands. Draco and his father, Lucius, were there too.

"Mr. Malfoy" I greeted, our family's had known each other for a long time, and as much as Dracos' father insisted I just call him Lucius, I still found myself calling him Mr. Malfoy.

"Tabitha!" Lucius exclaimed, "it's been a while since I last saw you."

"Two weeks, mr. Malfoy" I said, smiling.

"Still seems as though that was ages ago" he sighed.

I nodded and handed him the letter, "my mum told me to give this to you. Wouldn't tell me what it was for though, so you'll have to find that out on your own."

"I know exactly what it's for, and thank you, Tabitha."

I nodded and walked up beside Draco, who was getting his wand.

"Our parents have been talking an awful lot lately" Draco said, our grey eyes meeting.

"I've noticed" I sighed, only thinking of it that the possibility would be an arranged marriage or something.

Dracos voice snapped me out of my train of thought, "what if it's for an arrangement?" Draco questioned quietly.

I'd love that, actually, I thought. But I couldn't let Draco know that. He likes Pansy, I'm almost positive. "Then it is what it is."

Narcissa walked up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders. "My dear Slytherin princess, ready for your first year, Tabitha?"

I nodded proudly, looking up at Dracos' mother, Narcissa. She was like family to me, just as Lucius was. But it wasn't to the point it would be awkward if I did end up either dating or marrying their son. Bellatrix, on the other hand, was like a mom to me. She always seemed to know how to help me in my toughest times. Like when I figured out my parents were these followers of Voldemorts, called Death Eaters. Yet, for heavens sake, Bellatrix was too, and that was never a problem, because I still love her the same as before I knew.

I was pressed out of my thoughts when Pansy touched my arm. "Tabitha" she said, "come back to me."

"I'm fine. I was just thinking... yes... that's all" I said under my breath.

I had gotten my wand right after Draco received his. As I was told, mine and Dracos wands were "brothers". I hugged Draco, Narcissa, and Lucius goodbye, and walked silently out of Ollivanders with Pansy. She was talking to me, about what, I have no idea. I was far into my thoughts, only thinking of two things, one being why mine and Dracos' parents were talking so much lately, and the other being how Hogwarts would be.