Maybe I don't know what love is.

"I don't know."

He nodded his head at me.

"So this......." He gestured between us ".....is over. Just like that?"

"Eric....... I cannot promise you that I can stay faithful to you. I think that's when you're supposed to call it quits."

"I..... I  love you Clara.... But this might be for the best." He ran a hand through his hair. He really was very handsome. "I guess nows a good time to tell you I won't be attending Stanford in the fall."

"What why?" I stood up and walked towards him.

"I was offered a spot at Harvard. I accepted."

This kind of hurt my feelings. He accepted before even talking to me. Maybe he was done with this relationship before I was. I had no right to hold it against him though.

I started to giggle.

"This is all kinda fucked up huh?" I laughed.

"Kinda." He cracked a smile and pulled me in for a hug. "So should we have some break up sex?"

I pulled away from him laughing. "Absolutely not."

"Damn it." He snapped his fingers jokingly.

"Im going to head to bed. I fly out tomorrow morning."

"Okay." I turned to walk away.

"Clara?" I turned back to look at him. "I hope you find what you are looking for."

I smiled at him then ran up the stairs to my room.

I think I'm still in shock because it has barely registered that I broke up with my boyfriend. The only thing that was causing me a tremendous amount of grief was that Emelia went home with Kelly.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm and a note next to my bed from Eric

-I decided to drive home. I think it's for the best right now. Call me if you need anything. I'd still like to be your friend. Love Eric.-

He took everything last night way better than I thought he would. I smiled at the put it back on the table.

I sat up and was surprisingly less hungover than I thought I'd be. It's more than I deserve after the shit I pulled with Emelia last night. I walked down stairs to grab some coffee.

It's currently 9:30 and my fathers jet is scheduled to leave at 11.

I hurried and poured a cup of coffee then added some creamer. I got a text from my father.

~I am so proud of you! I have a driver coming to collect you in 30 minutes~

I smiled at the text then put it in my pocket. I basically chugged my drink then sprinted upstairs and took a 5 minute shower.

I threw on pair of high waisted jeans, a white crop top and a green bomber jacket. My hair fell naturally wavy around my face.

I threw all of my things into the two bags I brought and carried them down stairs and placed them by the door.

I checked the kitchen to make sure no appliances were left on and then left the apartment. A bellhop was already standing outside my door waiting for me.

He took my bags and I thanked him then we took the elevator to the lobby. I put on some sunglasses as we walked outside. We made it to the limo my father sent and the driver opened the back door for me.

I climbed in and came face to face with Emelia. She was looking at her phone and didn't look up at me.

I was not expecting to see her today. But it did make since that we'd take the same flight home.