Chapter 08 - The love that came back

Start from the beginning

At first I didn't want to but I thought of I get close to her, I might get something on her after.

“Yes, what is it about?” I said, smiling to her. She and I went away from the crowd and led us somewhere far more quieter and less crowded.

Her back was facing me, I couldn't see her face because of that. (Obviously).

“Uhm, S-sister... I-I really wanted t-to tell you that, I, I hope that we will treat ourselves good!” She swiftly turns around and faced me. She looked so determined and fired up about this.

How... Quaint....

“Of course! We are sisters, right?” And she hugged me.

*Flashback ends*

“Sister, I'm really glad that we are getting along. I hope that we will be close like this forever!” She flashed me a charming bright smile. It almost looked so sincere to me, if I hadn't know who, what and why she is here I would have fallen for it, but no, I will not fall for such cheap tricks like this.

“Me too!” I giggled with her as we enjoy the rest of the tea and snacks together.

“Sister, look! There are swans!” She stood from her seat and went towards them. I turned to look and sure enough, there are swans swimming in the lake.

I stood up from my seat and also went near to admire the pretty swans. I was admiring the swans when an unexpected thing happened.

Eve and I were standing side by side when she suddenly fell out of nowhere and plunge straight into the lake, I tried to reach for her but she didn't reached for it.

Dammit! She planned this! I should've known!

And before I could do anything she was in there, gasping for air. I was about to go in and save her but familiar voices stopped me.

“Eve!” My brothers called out her name, just like that day. The day they killed me for her, it's the same way they called her name.

I slumped down as I went into a trance. As memories of the past occupied my mind.

~♡♡~

Alastair's POV

“Eve!” All of us called out her name, panicking. Adonis quickly came to her rescue and got her out of the water.

She coughs out water as she tries to regain her consciousness but she seems to have failed to do so.

She was about to black out when we heard her faintly say;

“Sister... Why...?” And she passes out. We then looked towards Cassy and we saw her on the ground, on her knees looking so pale as if she saw a ghost.

Alex was first to confront her. “Cassandra Allison Clair Montefrancesco!! What did you do?!” He yelled out, shaking her aggressively but Cassy who was in the ground, said nothing.

She started to shake, I don't know why she is shaking like that, maybe out of fear? She seems to be scared of something. But before I could come up with a conclusion, I saw her eyes, there are tears flowing endlessly from them.

She is crying but why?

I didn't know the answer but I know there is something wrong. I need to find out what it is.

“Alex, that's enough. Leave this to me.” I told Alex, placing my hand over his shoulder. He opened his mouth, about to say something but closed it back and turn away and left with Adonis to go to the imperial physician.

I went near Cassy and was reaching my hand out to her when something strange happened.

“No, please!! I promise I won't do it again! I-I'll clean the place properly, please don't hurt me anymore!” She used her hands as shield and I saw how she trembled.

I stepped back from her and waited for her to calm down but it seems that sh isn't calming down.

“Cassandra, it's me, your second brother. Don't you recognize me?” She looked up to see me and she looked like she has calmed down a bit.

“Second Brother?” She seemed so confused and estranged when I mentioned that.

But at the very least it worked. I tried to step forward a bit to her, she flinched when I did that but she seems to be less affected by that.

“May I carry you to your room? Or do you wish to walk on your own feet?” She shook her head as if telling me her answer, but I wasn't sure what it is though.

She didn't say or do anything for me to confirm her answer, so I just carried her on my own occurred. She was still shaking when I carried her the whole time and when we arrived at her room and I was about to lay her down and leave, she was holding me tight, still.

“I, I didn't do it.... She fell on her own, I t-tried to reach for her but she didn't grabbed my hand. I swear I didn't do it, please... please, second brother... believe me... please!” Was all she kept on saying to me, “Please, believe me” I don't know why, but my heart ached as she kept on repeating those words to me as she cried herself to sleep.

Don't worry, Cassandra. Second brother believes you.

And with that thought in mind, I slept with her cradled in my arms.

Author: Wahhh!! Guys, I'm crying!
I can't with Alex anymore. How can he do this to his little sister?!

But alas, a sacrifice has to be made for the plot! But hays, I feel bad for doing this to Cassy.

But kudos to Alastair, he is such a good brother for Cassy!

And ohhhh, there's a new character! I'm still looking for a photo that resembles the image I have for him but don't worry, I will surely have that in no time, but while that's not here yet, enjoy this chapter for now.

As always,

Love lots, Han❤️