Old Friends

It had been months since he'd gone, but it was finally here.

Becky had been waiting for this for weeks now, since she knew she was going.

The train was just pulling into the station, and now, after all these months, she'd finally see Nate again.

He'd been her deskmate for years until he moved offices across the country.

They had kept in contact over the time apart, just through text, but once they found out they would be at the company conference, they both expressed how exciting it would be to hang out again.

They'd always got along and had a laugh together, nothing more than that. He wasn't her type. Although, his great sense of humour had done things to her in the past. So, a night of drinking and flirting would be fun.

The rest would be for business.

The 3-day conference should be pretty interesting, but with Nate there, it would help to have a friendly face and some entertainment.

As the train pulled into her stop, she gathered her things and headed to the exit. She had to get to the hotel, grab a shower, change, and go meet Nate for dinner.

As she headed down the platform to the exit, and the taxi rank when she heard, "Fine, just ignore me, RK!"

She stopped, smiled, turned, and there he was. He'd always called her RK or Rebecca. He'd had ex's called Becky and didn't need the reminder, or so he'd said.

"What the fuck?" She asked.

"That potty mouth doesn't get any better, does it? We should've got that swear jar in place. We could've retired by now."

"You are just as fucking bad."

"Fuck yeah I am."

They laughed and hugged. He was wearing a suit, which was slightly too big for him. He'd trimmed down and she could feel that he'd been working out a bit too.

"So, RK, what's the plan?"

"You tell me? I was expecting to go to the hotel and meet you later."

"That's why I'm here, figured I'd get you to the hotel. I took a half day and drove up early. I'm staying at the same hotel now. The boss told me it was pointless me driving back and forth."

"Awesome... or not. We're gonna be so drunk aren't we?"

"I'm sure we can have a little drink or two. Sure!" He winked and a smirk ran across his face. "By the way, I love the new hair."

She'd had her hair done into a pixie cut, the last time he had seen her it was shoulder length. "Thank you." She beamed. "I'm surprised you recognised me in all fairness."

"I've seen you a lot from the back, since you always left before me." He smiled, "but the hair really suits you."

"That means a lot. Had it done months back and have been unsure about it, but really love it now. Totally forgot you hadn't seen it."

"It's very nice. Anyway, let's get going."

They walked out to the car park and he drove them to the hotel. Where they checked in and arranged a time to meet up later.

She got to her room and was smiling. It'd been so lovely to catch up with him. They'd spoke about friends, family, work, etc. And later, they could go over it all in-depth, over dinner and drinks.

She stripped and showered. And then began getting ready. She'd decided on jeans and a loose black silk blouse to go to dinner in. She thought it was smart and casual enough. With some heels, nothing too high, just simple.