iii.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗔𝗜𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗘𝗗 by the urgency in Stiles' voice as he pleaded for Harley's help

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗔𝗜𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗘𝗗 by the urgency in Stiles' voice as he pleaded for Harley's help. Her skepticism regarding his Jeep's reliability didn't deter his persistence. Harley, with a reluctant sigh, grabbed Derek's keys, ready to navigate the night and rescue her distressed friend.

In the dimly lit room at the dealership, Harley reclined against the window, contemplating the unexpected turn of events. Stiles, driven by restlessness, ventured out to explore, leaving Harley alone with her thoughts.

The atmosphere shifted abruptly when Stiles burst back into the room, his demeanor now filled with panic. Struggling to compose himself, he reached for his phone, but his trembling hands betrayed his anxiety. Harley, sensing something amiss, inquired about his well-being.

"Are you okay?" she asked, concern etched on her face. Stiles' response was drowned by an abrupt yell, and he crumpled to the ground. Panic set in as he desperately tried to crawl, pleading for Harley's assistance.

"Harley, help him!" he implored, the urgency in his voice matching the chaos unfolding around them. A sense of impending danger loomed as they witnessed a worker facing an inexplicable threat – an unseen force threatening to squeeze the life out of him.

Driven by an instinct to intervene, Harley rushed toward the door, only to find herself confronted by a strange, viscous substance that clung to her hand. The unexpected encounter left her trembling, and she stumbled back against the door, collapsing to the ground.

As Stiles and Harley closed their eyes, bracing for the unknown, a surreal transformation unfolded. The worker's distressing plight gave way to a fantastical manifestation – a green lizard-like creature emerged, marking the beginning of an inexplicable and otherworldly ordeal.
After the perplexing encounter at the dealership, the world seemed to regain its normalcy once Stiles and Harley could move again. Realizing the severity of the situation, Stiles swiftly dialed 911, summoning his father, the sheriff.

As the sheriff arrived, his eyes narrowed with concern. "Look, if there is something you guys don't think you can tell me, you can." he ventured, trying to coax out any hidden information. Stiles, caught in a dilemma, responded with defensive urgency, "You think we're lying?"