Chapter One

St. Jude Academy

"Are you in Allysa? All you have to do is make him fall in love with you and drop him like a hot potato just like what he did to me and every brokenhearted girl in the campus!" My best friend Tanya challenged. We've been friends since kindergarten. We grew up together.

"What a childish idea Tanya. I have no time for that. My father will surely kill me if he learned about your plan. It doesn't work like that in a real business world. Someday I will manage our business and I will make them so proud of me."

"You're such a coward Allysa. You are 17 years old and you are still afraid of Uncle Antonio?!" Tanya said laughing at me.

"Whatever. it doesn't matter to me. I don't want to do that, end of discussion." I said with finality. I admit her idea was interesting but it's not for me. I don't want to play with anyone's feeling. "Just try it. Uncle wouldn't know anyway." She added.

"What time is it?" Tanya asked suddenly.

"Four thirty." I mumbled looking at my watch.

"Oh my god! I need to go Ally. I need to meet mom at the mall. Do you want to join us?" Tanya asked.

"Sorry but I also need to go and pick up mom in the office. We have an appointment with her designer for the upcoming company gala on Saturday. Maybe next time." I answered.

"Okay. See you tomorrow then. Say Hi to Aunt Victoria for me." Tanya said while kissing my cheeks goodbye.

I wet towards the campus entrance while calling my driver John to drop me at my father's office to meet my mom.

John arrives after a few minutes. " Hi John. To my father's office please." I said giving him a smile.

"Sure Miss." John smiled back and drove the car. "How was Natalie and Nicole?" I ask about his wife and lovely daughter.

"They're good Miss. Nicole will start kindergarten next month and she is very excited." John said proudly.

"Wow. Little Nicole will be the cutest kindergarten I'm sure. Let them visit and have dinner in the house John. I missed Nat and Nicole so much." I said smiling thinking about them. John has been in the family for more than ten years. "Sure Miss. Thank you." John said, and I just nodded.

We arrived at my father's office building after fifteen minutes.

"Good afternoon Ms. Williams." The receptionist greeted pleasantly.

I just smiled at her and headed to the elevator pressing the top floor button. Sheena, my father's secretary greeted me when I arrived on his floor. "Is he there?" I asked giving her a smile.

"Yes, but he's---" I didn't listen to her and went inside my father's office without knocking. A habit I guess.

"Surprise! I went here straight before going to Mom's office. Can I use your restroom?" I said walking straight to his desk. I stopped abruptly when I noticed my father is not alone. I saw three men in suit looking at me. To my surprise, Jackson Murphy is also there. I felt my cheek turned crimson and froze there like a statue.