Chapter 38 - Betrayal

Mulai dari awal

Once again he tried to get up, only to have a force push him back down into the ground.

"Huh? THAT'S your quirk!?!? How pathetic!"

"Yea!! It's nowhere near as cool as mine!!"

As the bee managed to glance up slightly, he noticed a group of vaguely familiar children.

"It's so gross and yucky, I hate bee!!"

"Careful, he'll probably sting you!!"

"And what are these!!" One of the replica's shouted as it grabbed onto Hachi wings, roughly tugging on them, only for some of the other kids to join in.

"These wings are like paper!! Can you really even fly on these! There are way better wing quirks than this!!"

"I feel like I could just rip them off!"

There's a slight crash as the weight and hands disappear from his back and wings. Now one of the same children has fallen back onto the ground, crying.

"Why'd you do that!!! Your mean!!! You- you monster!! You beast!! A-and why are you smiling!! You hurt me!!"

The rest of the children start running away, screaming about how there next and how the evil bee will sting them, only for all of them to disappear back into the circle of figures, much like before.

Hachi tried once more to stand up, only to have his face slammed back into the ground.

"See, your just as cruel as I am. You did enjoy putting them in their place, didn't you! And I'm sure it's no different now, you looked awfully happy at some points during the one-on-one fights back at the Sports festival. You're probably more sadistic than me!" His ex-friend turned villain once again decided to push around the boy a bit. She grabbed his hair, lifting his head u and forcing him to look at her. Blood was pouring out of his nose.

This was the point that anyone outside the villain's quirk could realise just how bad of a situation Hachi was in. His real body, which had been limp on the floor, untouched and unmoved, had blood running out of his nose. Identical to the bee's state inside the strange mind palace. The damage he sustained in there wasn't just fake, it translated back onto his actual body. No one noticed before because all the attacks up to this point were targeted at places where clothes covered the evidence. The villain's previous words made a lot more sense now, if any damage he received was severe enough in there, Hachi might actually die.

"Hard to... not be happy when...training pays off." Hachi manages to reach a hand up, grabbing tightly onto the girls wrist, slightly digging his nails into her skin. "Plus...you know better...than anyone...why."

It was if the shadowy figure's responded to both of their emotions, as a new scene began to play out. The crying child reappeared on the floor, with a younger Hachi stood over him.

"Oh! Quit it! Who's the real monster! Me for defending someone, or you for being a bully!?" He had a very 'I'm not angry, just disappointed tone' but he still had a light smile on his face. That smile definitely was a lot wider when he was in the process of flipping the kid onto the floor, but hey, who doesn't love a smidge of revenge. "And by the way! I always smile! It's better than being angry and spiteful all the time like you!"

The crying kid disappears as Hachi's replica turns around, walks slightly and bends down a bit with an arm outstretched.

"Are you okay?"

Another very familiar child-like figure appears, a girl, who was in the process of wiping tears off her face with her sleeve. She grabs the boys hand and lets him pull her up.

"And don't listen to them! They like to say you're a villain for just breathing near them! Plus, I think your Quirk's cool! I've never seen a mindscape before!! You could become like...a super cool therapist!! Like, you find out people's fears and then you could help them through it, or something like that!!"