Chapter 25: Reunited||NSFW

Start from the beginning

"I haven't exactly agreed to try again.... Remember?" You reminded him and for a moment you saw his eyes falter with a pang of something unreadable as he placed the pamphlet onto the table.

"Right, it seems you have already made up your mind however."

"I haven't!" You spoke immediately and froze at your uproar. Had you?

"Then please tell me," he spoke softly "You're driving me insane."

Your fingers began to fiddle with themselves as he eyed you, dread was lacing every part of his body. If you rejected him Scaramouche was afraid of what he may do.... To everyone in Liyue. All he wanted was you

"I need a little more time." You sighed and fell back into your couch, "I'm sorry, this is all so overwhelming."

"Overwhelming?" Scaramouche whispered
"Overwhelming?" He asked louder

You looked up at him and he slowly stalked towards you, "Why would it be? This should be simple right? Or did you never love me? Was your words a lie?"

You didn't like how he was acting so offended, the way his brows furrowed and he smacked his hand on his chest "Y/N if this is a waste of both our times please tell me!"

You couldn't move nor speak, he wouldn't shock you would he? He sounded angry yet defeated at the same time. Never would you have thought that Scaramouche himself would be "defeated"

Scaramouche's lips parted slightly at your silence, why weren't you responding? It was a simple question, it only required a simple answer

But In his case he only hoped it was a good one

"I- Scara-" you stuttered and took a deep breath. Why was it so difficult to speak all of a sudden? With a sigh the Harbinger turned on his heel to take his leave with no more words. It was clear what your answer was. Didn't make it hurt any less. With desperation your breath croaked but still no words came out. Why was this so hard? To stop him?

Whatever the reason you better solve it quick, he was nearing the apartment front door.

With a crashing realization you realized you would no longer see Scaramouche after this ever again. You two would be no more for sure after this.... You didn't want that? Right? No more Scaramouche?

No, you didn't want that. And he was closing the distance in on the door to step out of your apartment to never return. This time for real

With a cry you leapt onto your feet and ran with all your might and smacked right into his back. With the Impact his hat swayed and the bell's jingles rang into the air, how long it had been since you heard that lovely sound. Scaramouche let out a groan and had to try to regain his balance as he almost fell over, his arms shooting out on instinct in case he fell over.

"What-?!" He hissed and was obviously hurting, his shoulders tense. He still hadn't moved to look at you, but he didn't shove you off his back either

"Please don't leave me Balladeer," you finally managed to choke out, your words carried heavy meaning "I love you, it's hard to but I do. Whether I like or not."

"Do you truly?" Scaramouche spoke and still had his hand reaching for your front doors knob. With a strong grip he snatched it into his hands and prepared to open the door "I don't want you to just say it, I want it to actually mean something-"

Laughing softly you smushed your face into his shirt, his back firm "You're such a idiot, I thought it was obvious."

"Obvious? Before maybe, now? Not so much. Also who are you calling an idiot brat?!" He asked and finally let go of the doorknob to turn his body and have you hold him properly.