1. The Talk With The Nine Tails

*P.O.V*
I woke up in a very dark place. I roamed around a bit trying to figure out where I was. Something about this place felt.. Familiar. As if I've been here before. Of course I've been here before! I sprinted forward and stopped right in front of a huge gate.

"HEY! YOU! WHAT IS THIS PLACE? "

I yelled at the gate, waiting for a response. I saw big red eyes staring right into my soul giving me goosebumps.

"Why are you always interrupting my sleep? What do you want? "

That damn fox is showing attitude to me? Who does he think he is?

"WHERE AM I? "

"This is the mindscape. "

"HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS PLACE? "

"Jeeze.. Why are you always yelling? Don't u ever get tired? "

"Answer the damn question! "

"U can't. Not for now. "

"What do you mean? "

"Don't you remember? You fought against Shakaku. The 1 tailed beast. "

"DID I WIN??? "

"......"
"I suppose? But u got injured pretty badly. "

"So.. I'm stuck here forever? YOU MEAN I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF HERE EVER? WHAT DO I DO? IF I DON'T GET OUT OF HERE, I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO BECOME THE HOKAGE! "

"You're an idiot. "

"WHAT DID U JUST CALL ME? "

"Tell me kid, why is it that you what to be the hokage so bad? "

The nine tails asked me why I wanted to be the hokage.

"Uhh. Coz I'll be strong enough to save the village from any potential threat and then I'll be acknowledged by everyone in this village? "

"What makes u think becoming strong will make people of this village acknowledge you? "

I didn't know what to say. All my life, I thought if I became someone strong; the hokage, the people would respect me. But now the nine tails has mentioned...

"Naruto, u saved the village already. 11 years ago. When u became the jinchruki, u saved the village from me. And yet, nobody believed in you. You were thrown out in the street. You were bullies and beaten up. And if they knew that you're a girl, they would've done much worse to you. Somethings never change kid. No matter how much you try, they'll never accept you. "

"But- Shikamaru, and Choji and Iruka Sensei-"

"While fighting again Mizuki, didn't he mention that the nine tails killed Iruka's parents? "

"But...... "

I sank to the floor. He was right. No matter what I did, the village would never accept me for who I am.

________________________________________

Naruto suddenly wakes up in a hospital room. She looks outside the window and sees that the it was dark. Assuming that it was either after dusk or before dawn. Naruto looked around the room. No one was there. She grabbed her zipper and her head band and left through the window. She ran as fast as she could and reached the forest behind the hokage monument. In middle of the forest was a big beautiful waterfall, where Naruto would come often to clear her mind when she was stressed, or was in the mood of training. He took off her clothes and entered the river. She let down her long hair and relaxed for some time.

After an hour or so, she got up, put her clothes back on, made her hair into a low ponytail and tucked it inside her zipper. He made her bangs look spikey and left at the sunrise.

Naruto got to her apartment just in time before anyone could notice her. She cleaned up her apartment and made herself a cup of ramen. She usually skipped meals sometimes when she wasn't in the mood of eating but not this time.

Ever since she woke up, she was thinking about what the nine tails said to her. She hated to admit it but he was right.

"Hey... Nine tails.. Can u hear me? "

She waited for a response but didn't get any.

"Guess not.. "

She said in a soft voice. Whenever she was around people, she would usually speak in a gruff voice so people wouldn't find out that she's a girl. It was the 3rd hokage's order. "It's in order to ensure your safety" he said. Naruto didn't exactly like being a boy but had no other choice.

Naruto looked at the time and remembered that today she had to attend the team 7 meeting.
She left after eating and caught up with them.

"YOU'RE LATE NARUTO! "
Naruto looked up and saw a certain pink haired girl screaming at her.
"So what Sakura? We all know that that Kakashi is gonna arrive an hour late and then is going to give a stupid excuse. I'm not interested in wasting my time by arriving early! "

Sasuke and Sakura were surprised by this behavior of Naruto.

"What's going on here :) "

The three squad members looked back and saw a white haired man. It was Kakashi Sensei.

"YOU'RE LATE KAKASHI SENSEI! "

Said the rookies unified.

"Oh sorry. I was trying to save a fish from drowning and didn't notice the time. "

"Saving a what from what-"

"Kakashi sensei! I think something's wrong with Naruto. For the first time ever, he said something that made sense! " Said Sakura.

"Oh come on! " Naruto was getting annoyed but then he took a deep breath and remembered that he had to keep the act of the dumb boy going on.

"So, what's the important news Kakashi sensei? " Asked Naruto trying to change the subject.

"Well, since the 3rd hokage has been unalived, u won't be having any missions soon enough. Not till the 5th hokage has been chosen. So, you'll be training on ur own. If u need any help, do not contact me. See yaa (^-^)"

And with that, Kakashi left.

________________________________________