The Second Chance

Start from the beginning

As soon Richard, Oscar and Jamaica were done enrolling, Mara boarded Richard's car. 

"Follow me to my apartment first. I'm going to leave my car. I want to get drunk," Jane said. Mara and Richard looked at each other but they knew they could only offer support to their friend.

So they drove off to Jane's apartment and upon leaving her car, they went to their usual hangout on Richard's car. They bought drinks from the store and looked for an empty gazebo tent.

They found an empty gazebo beside a group of people, but Jane was stopped on her tracks upon the sight of a familiar face. She didn't expect to see her there. All the while, she was expecting to see her at the campus but she didn't expect her here.

"Oh, h-hi!" Mara and Richard greeted awkwardly.

There was Janella sitting with Liza and a new face.

Jane couldn't help but overthinking. Is this her new guy? 

"Hi Mara, Richard... uhmm, Jane," Janella greeted back, while blowing a smoke.

So she started smoking again, Jane thought. Jane just managed a weak smile as the three of them situated themselves at the gazebo tent beside Janella's group.

"Are you ok sitting here?" Mara asked Jane. Jane nodded, "Don't worry, it's fine, I'm fine."

Jane made sure to sit at the chair where her back is towards the other table so she can avoid looking at them. Her heart ached more upon the sight of the guy beside Janella. She can't help but wonder if he's someone new in her life.

An hour hasn't passed yet, Jane felt a tap on her shoulder, "Ate Jane?" Luna asked in her usual sweet tone. Jane turned her head towards the younger Salvador, "yes, dear?".

"Can we join you?" She said, bending towards her Ate Janella's ex-girlfriends, "And maybe it's about time you two catch up", Luna added whispering on Jane's ear.

Mara responded for Jane, "Sure, Luna. Move a bit here, Jane".

Luna sat beside Jane, while Janella was seated in the middle of Luna and the new guy.

"Hi guys, this is Christian here. He's actually studying Nursing in the same school as you but he's a year ahead," Janella started the conversation while looking at Mara, while hoping to get Jane's attention too.

Still, Jane can't help overthink about who this Christian guy is. He's chubby and looks like he's just a friend. But he seems to be extra nice to Janella.

Janella was having interesting conversations with Richard, since they are going to be classmates soon in Med School, while Mara and Christian also have their own conversation. Luna seems quiet but keeps darting her eyes towards Jane as if motioning to make the first move. Jane seemed too dumb to notice though, she started playing Mobile Legends on her phone.

Luna stood up and was followed by her sister, on their way to the comfort room. Jane was serious playing on her phone, she did not notice the two coming back and exchanging seats. Janella was not seated next to Jane.

After her game, Jane turned to Luna to start a conversation only to find Janella beside her. She paused upon seeing the beautiful lady next to her. She wanted to utter any word, but it felt like there was a huge lump in her throat. There she was sitting beside the love of her life, waves of memories came crashing in her thoughts. Janella still smelled the same aroma she used to love, she still wore that same gummy smile, and her eyes glistened as the light touched her face. She remember falling in love with her all over again.

**********

Janella's heart was thumping loudly. She can't dare look beside her.

She never imagined she'd be seeing her ex-lover today. She was expecting to see her in the campus, assuming that Jane would be with her friends, but she didn't. And now, here she is, sitting next to her. She wanted to feel Jane's skin on her, she longed to taste her mouth once again. She cannot remember anymore how made she was two months ago. All she knows right now, is that she wants Jane more than ever.