23. When I'm Gone, You'll Remember Me

Start from the beginning

"Ah Isla you made it. What's this?" Silvio asked me while I held the cake.
"This is the chocolate cake I baked, we can put it in the fridge." I said while he walked me into the kitchen, while I hung up my bag outside.

"Our other guest isn't here yet, maybe you could help Maria in the kitchen." Silvio suggested and I grabbed an apron and helped her set the table.

"Ciao Maria." I said as my heels clicked against the wooden tiled floor as I helped the lady set up the table.

"You look absolutely beautiful!" Maria said and I smiled.

Will

I walked around looking for a housewarming gift for Silvio and Maria, I wonder who that girl was? Would she be older or younger? I brought a bottle of wine, so I got to the hotel  and wrapped up the gift. It was four thirty or so, I laid on my bed and looked at the photos of Isla and I.

I had taken my favourite photo of her when she sat on a swing and she had a big smile. I sighed, we were young and in love until Rosalie came and ruined it for us. I decided to shower and began getting ready. I had steamed my black button down shirt with my black jeans, Golden Goose sneakers.

My pastel pink hair looked good, I sprayed some cologne and switched out my black plugs to white ones. I headed out gathering my things, it was only a ten minute walk. From the hotel to Silvio and Maria's house. I rang the doorbell and I could hear shuffling off footsteps.

"Ah Will, you made it right on time!. The ladies are just serving up dinner." Silvio said, but do you have that feeling? That something is not right or you're expecting something to happen. I handed the things over to Silvio who disappeared into the kitchen while I looked at my Lock Screen.

"Dinner should be served in five or ten minutes!"  He said I nodded as I twiddled my thumbs, I felt so nervous. Not sure what to expect. Silvio appeared and he told me that we could go into the dining room area.

Isla

"Our guest is in the dining room, could you pass me the wine open Isla?" Silvio asked me and I nodded and gave it to him, while he walked out. I took a deep breath, something didn't feel right about this. Have you ever felt like there was something that you knew was going to happen?

I helped Maria take the last few dishes, while we approached the dining room area. The dinner table was set beautifully, I saw Silvio talking to a pastel pink curly haired guy, it was like deja vu. I slowly placed everything down.

"Alright gentlemen, dinners served!" Maria said, as the pastel pink haired guy turned around. Those brown eyes, I couldn't forget those. My breath caught in my throat, here I stood looking at Will.

How did he find me? Those tattoos that reminded me of home, those eyes looking at me. I decided not to make a scene. My heart was beating out of my chest.

"So you're the nice American girl I've been hearing about. Hi." Will said walking toward me, I nodded.

"And you're the handsome guy from New Jersey, I've been hearing about." I said, although I wore my platform heels, Will was still taller than me. His cologne and musk reminded me of home, these arms keeping me safe.

"Shall we eat?" Silvio asked us and I nodded, while I sat next to Will.  We ate as Silvio and Maria told us the story of how they met, how their love story began. It was quite romantic. I could see Will was studying my face.

Dinner went by smoothly, I helped the hostess clean up. I thanked her for everything was heading home.
"Thank you guys for tonight, but I should be heading home." I whisper giving Maria a kiss and hug, I ask hugged Silvio.

"It's late you can't walk home alone Isla, I'll walk you." Silvio said.
"I'll walk her home." Will said and we headed out. The sound of my heels against the pavement as we walked in complete silence.

"Why are you here Will?" I asked him, while we stood in the middle of the square.

"There's so much I have to tell you, but you left without a trace, you just left Isla." Will said, while I sighed.

"You're going to be a father you shouldn't be here." I said, while I stayed silent.

"No I'm not Isla, Rosalie lied." Will said with a sigh, and he sighed. "She lied about being sick also, so in the end she won and I lost." Will said. We got to the villa.

"I'm sorry Will, truly I am." I said and he nodded, swallowing hard.

"But you left without a trace, and you never bothered to contact. Was I that bad? Didn't I love you enough?" Will asks me.

'You were more than enough!' My brain said.

"I should go now Will. Goodnight." I whispered and kisses his cheek. I couldn't be around him, my heart was beating out of control.

"Isla please don't go." He pleaded with me, I pulled away from him. The thunder clapped and I rushed inside. I undid the straps and kicked off the heels, I pulled off the black tights.

I put on some music as I saw Milo rush over to me, I pet him and walked toward my cabinet and pull out a bottle of scotch and pour it in the glass. The thunder clapped and it began raining.

Will

"It's late you can't walk home alone Isla, I'll walk you." Silvio said to Isla.

"I'll walk her home." I said and we headed out. The sound of her heels echoed against the pavement as we walked in complete silence.

"Why are you here Will?" Isla asked me, while we stood in the middle of the square.

"There's so much I have to tell you, but you left without a trace, you just left Isla." I said, she sighed.

"You're going to be a father you shouldn't be here." She whispers softly, while I heaved a sigh.

"No I'm not Isla, Rosalie lied." I said with a sigh, and continued, "She lied about being sick also, so in the end she won and I lost." I said. We approached the villa romantica.

"I'm sorry Will, truly I am." Isla said and i just nodded, swallowing hard.

"But you left without a trace, and you never bothered to contact. Was I that bad? Didn't I love you enough?" I asked her. Her eyes were tearing up when she tried to answer.

"I should go now Will. Goodnight." She whispers  and kisses my cheek.

No, not again! I couldn't bare to lose her and watch her slip away.

"Isla please don't go." I pleaded with her, She pulled away from me. I stood out of her door, as the thunder clapped again and it began raining. I found myself walking away, the rain poured even harder and I stopped.

'Destino!' Echoed through my head, I rushed toward the Villa door and buzzed. Please don't do this. The intercom thing buzzed me up and I rushed inside and to find Isla. I saw the directory.

I found myself pounding on the door,
"Isla open the door!" I said while knocking, I kept being persistent until I heard the door open.

A/N: Well.... Will and Isla saw each other. Is the girl behind the door Isla? Will she let him in? - MyVictim

P.S: Thank you for the 4.82k reads you guys are amazing! Much love 🤍