You opened the door to your room, and stuck a hand inside, grabbing at the wall to try and find the light switch. As you turned on the light, and your eyes adjusted to the change, real horror appeared before you – your cringe filled teenage-hood.

The walls were an ugly yellow color – your parents made the mistake of letting you choose the color of your own walls when you were a child. And those ugly, yellow walls were plastered with posters. Ugly, crumpled up posters, that were not even hung up straight, glared at you from their dusty spots. If you weren't so tired and drunk, you would have ripped those into pieces.

You walked over to your bed and fell on top of it. The poster from one of the games you obsessed over when younger, stared at you from the wall opposite. It was a FNaF poster...

That damn game flooded your teenage mind, occupying the precious space in your brain that you should have been filling with useful knowledge. It was nearly impossible to learn algebra, but you knew every FNaF theory by heart. You could perfectly recite all the awful fanfictions you've read back in the day, but couldn't focus on reading a proper book. You could perfectly redraw all the goofy fanart from memory, and they'd look more original than the originals, but you couldn't even make notes in class.

And then you fell off. Sister Location came out, and by that time you were so busy with school, and getting into your dream university, that you didn't even register those new games were still being made. After a while, you just weren't as interested. Of course, you knew the basic lore. Well, you mostly pieced it together after watching countless TikTok edits about the games...

Safe to say, you used to be obsessed. Then adulthood hit you hard, and you had to focus on the real world.

Your head spun, and spun as your eyes slowly fluttered shut. You must have drunk a lot today. After all, you were pretty used to heavy drinking, being a college student and all.

The image on the poster stayed almost glued to the backs of your eyelids, as you finally drifted off to sleep. A familiar melody filled the back of your head, but you were too drunk to notice, or care.

-Ow. Shit. – You cursed quietly, as a beam of morning sunlight hit you right in the eyes. You shut them closed even more, and spun to the other side.

Thump

-Oh, God damn it. – You whined, as you fell off your bed. Your poor ass hit the floor really hard.

You laid on your back, staring at the ceiling.

That's weird, the lamp looks goofy. You remember having two LED lights on your ceiling. This was a hanging lamp, in a kitsch-y orange color. Come to think of it, why did the light wake you up? You had blinds in your room. Maybe you were too drunk to draw them yesterday?

You tried to stand up, but a splitting head-ache kept you glued to the floor. You grabbed your head in two hands, and squeezed. Sometimes it helped.

After a while, you finally managed to lift yourself up. You groggily made your way to the kitchen, trying to grab a glass of water for your crippling hangover. As always, you reached for the cupboard. Your hands landed on a wall. You moved your hands to the left, but there was only more wall. To the right – same thing. You cracked one eye open; the other glued shut with eye boogers.

There was a wall before you. Wow, a shocker, you sure didn't expect that. But there was something weird about that wall. Your parents' house was painted all white, but this wall had the ugliest wallpaper that you've ever seen. It was like those popular eighties prints; shades of orange and yellow in a circular pattern.

With a bit of struggling, you cracked the other eye open. You swore you heard a sound like a creaking, old door when you managed to do that.

You touched the ugly wallpaper. It sure was real. You looked around. This looked like your parents' kitchen but... uglier. All of the furniture were these awful shades of orange-brown. The fridge looked as if it was pulled right out of an eighties sitcom. And worst of all – there weren't any cupboards.