Chapter 15: Don't do that to us

Start from the beginning

Godric held his sister in a tight embrace and with wet eyes prayed to whatever deity that was up there to just bring his friend back.

Rowena too could not control her tears but she decided not to come in between the two siblings and went near Salazar's bed and held his hand in hers as she sat on a wooden chair that she had just conjured.

In one corner of the room the other occupants of the infirmary were also anxiously waiting for Salazar to wake up.

Professors Flitwick, Sprout, Snape and McGonagall had gone back to take care of the things in the school (although Snape was very reluctant to do so but the Headmaster reminded him that he was needed back in the school, and so he went);the Weasleys had also gone back to The Burrow so that Mr Weasley could get some rest.

However the Marauders and Lily could not find it in themselves to leave the man who had (as it seemed) risked his life to save Sirius; and go back to their lives. They were in shock to know that the notorious Salazar Slytherin had gone out of his way and not only protected them from the Death Eaters but had also taken a deadly curse on himself. They also knew that Salazar Slytherin knew the result of such an action - if the reaction of other founders, before Salazar went through with his plan, was anything to go by. Begrudgingly all their previous prejudices against the notorious founder were gone and they had grown to respect the person that he was. They were also very worried for him and confused. They didn't know why but as they saw Salazar lying on the bed, pale and weak, they felt as if someone very dear to them was lying there.

This was the emotion that confused them the most, but they reasoned that it was because Salazar had saved one of them, that they felt so bad; and they refused to think about anything else as they watched the founder of Hufflepuff house have a break down at the thought of losing Slytherin.

The Headmaster was also sitting on one of the fluffy armchairs that he had transfigured (and it was surprisingly plain without the usual outrageous design on it). Although he appeared to be relaxed in his seat, he was very worried for the health of the young man currently laying on one the beds.

He knew that the Sicco curse kills and was intrigued when he learnt that Salazar was going to save Sirius. He of course knew that as Harry he must have been close to Sirius but was surprised at the emotion behind his voice when he told the other founders how he would not allow Sirius to die when there was something he can do about it.

Now as he sat there and observed the Marauders and Lily's reaction to the young man he wondered if he should let them know about the reality of the four (supposed) founders. He wondered if after knowing the truth they will accept the young Salazar as their son.

As he mulled over the idea while observing the Marauders and Lily he could see that their hatred for the man was gone and that they were seeing him for what the man really was rather than being blinded by the notoriety of name of Salazar Slytherin.

If he was to admit the truth to himself, he was also a bit wary of the notorious founder. However, after learning and being convinced that they were not the founders but their reincarnations, he had observed the interactions between the four. What he saw there was that even after the supposed historic fight between the two male founders, Salazar Slytherin was still the spokesperson of the group and Godric Gryffindor did not seem to mind that in the least or have any enmity against Slytherin.

This suggested that the history was not entirely correct and there certainly was something that was missing. His theory was proven correct by the day's events and young Harry's actions.