“Foll-ow me.” Sanchi spoke in a commanding tone, shooting a victorious glare at Vihaan. “Have a good ni-ght, dear hus-band.”

Prachi stifled a laugh before saying, “Papa, I thi-nk you should also join us if you wi-sh to save yourself.”

*****

Shalini caught hold of Aarohi’s hand as soon as they entered Bundela mansion at Indore. They walked past the few men who lined the entrance and Aarohi was quick enough to spot Rehaan amongst them. Waving her hand at him, she smiled meekly while he behaved as if the presence of the girls was very neutral for him.

“Rehaan!” Aarohi exclaimed, earning a quick stare from rest of the men present in front of her. Recomposing her excitement, she lowered her voice, “Can I have a word or two with you?”

Rehaan nodded slowly and excused himself before walking over to Aarohi. “Why are you both so suddenly here?”

“You are so impolite and unfriendly! Can’t you even greet us in a gentlemanly manner?” Aarohi chided him and turned to Shalini. “Don’t mind his words. He is very different from Pihu.”

“He is my cousin, I don’t mind,” Shalini said politely and glanced at him. “How are you, Rihu? Why don’t you return to Omkareshwar?”

“I have many other things to involve with, Shai. Omkareshwar is no more in my list of priorities.” He uttered in a teasing tone. “I have to start with the renovation of this house as soon as possible.”

“It’s useless to speak to him about anything, Shai.” Aarohi patted her shoulder before staring into his eyes. “Can you just tell us where Dhai bro is. We need to meet him.”

A corner of his mouth twitched and his face suddenly turned gloomy. With a gesture of his hand, he pointed at the main door. “He is inside the house discussing with the engineer about the interior renovations.”

Aarohi turned to Shalini and elbowed her before whispering into her ear, “You must go alone and meet him while I wait outside for you.”

Shalini strode away, nodding her head. There was confusion in her head and she hated it; the one which involved Dhairya. She was unable to recognize his unfriendly and detached behavior which he had recently devised for her.

Inside the house, she found Dhairya staring at the ceiling and instructing another young man about the requisites of decorations they needed for the renovation.

“Dhai. . .” His name escaped her mouth like a feather, devoid of any sound. “I am sorry. . . I hope I didn’t disturb-“

“Pritam, can I talk to you later?” Dhairya told the man as soon as he heard Shalini’s voice. After the man had gone, he turned to her and looked straight into her eyes with a mark of disapproval. “Your arrival in Indore seems unusual. Is everything fair enough at Omkareshwar?"

It was the first time had Shalini heard his hoarse voice, in a tone he never uttered before. "Dhai, what's the matter with you? You weren't receiving my phone calls and I had to rush over to you immediately. Why do you think I would always approach you when things go wrong in our house?"

"That's what you have been doing." He spoke in a controlled voice this time, trying hard to be his old self again. "I have been busy throughout my shooting schedules, barely being available for phone calls."

"This is not you, just not you, Dhai!" Shalini raised her voice, so loud that almost reached Aarohi and Rehaan outside the house. "Dhai, you want to tell me that you have deliberately ignored my phone calls and didn't feel like ringing back later?"

"You may be correct." He simply shrugged his shoulders. "Was there really anything important between us to talk about? I don't think so."

"You won't be able to imagine the amount of worries that crawled my entire body over the thought of your accident, Dhai." Shalini squeaked as tears rolled down her eyes. "Have I done anything wrong to earn your ignorance?"