AUTHOR'S NOTE

/ EXTENDED SUMMARY /

Life after Kensington and Amory Scout continues but at what cost?

Otherwise known as a collection of short stories exploring the lives of former Manhattan royals after a traumatic senior year.  

/ AUTHOR'S NOTE /

While I initially hoped to include an epilogue at the back end of blood on the leaves in Orson's POV, I didn't want to simply because it felt a little fan-service-y.

I just felt like an epilogue in someone else's POV would've just ruined the flow of the novel and Blood on The Leaves is really just a novel from the POV of the most unhinged female character I've ever written. It's my little exploration into female rage and female manipulation so an Orson's POV would've just not made sense...besides, as a separate piece of art in the form of a collection of short stories it allows me plenty of space to introduce and explore other characters. 

It helps tidy up some loose questions for the other characters aside from Amory, like what happened to Parker after she didn't get into Yale? What happened to Hanif and Aidan? Will Carmen ever get out of a mental health facility? 

/ WARNING /

CONTAINS DRUGS, ALCOHOL, SEXUAL THEMES, BULLYING, ANOREXIA, SELF-HARM, TRIGGERS OF RAPE, MURDER, the works. 

/ COPYRIGHT /

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© 2023 VALERIE TAN, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.