𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏: 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 & 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒔

(a/n: i literally hate this chapter, but ty guys for 800 readssss)

🍀𝑸𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒏'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽💙:

💙🍀🦋💛

"Oh, Addie..." My dad said as he walked into the house, seeing me cry as I hugged Ellie and Cyrus in the living room, my body entirely consumed by my emotions.

"Dad!" I cried out, running up to hug him as a tear fell down his own face at the sight of me.

I didn't get a second of sleep last night.

Both Cyrus and Ellie slept in my bed, trying to comfort me as I continued my efforts to get out of bed and arrange my searches for Jules.

Jules should've been there.

She should've been with me, in our bed, in our house, wearing my clothes as she fell asleep in my arms.

What kind of girlfriend was I?

"We're going to find her, I promise okay? I'm going to bring her home to you." My dad said as he hugged me tighter, laughs from the girls could be heard upstairs.

The girls were completely fine, they had just assumed it was all a huge sleepover.

To me, this was straight from my nightmares.

"I don't know where she is, she's been gone all night!" I attempted to mumble through my sobs, my voice barely audible.

"When was the last time you saw her?" He asked, breaking away from the hug as he led us all to the dining room, my head sinking to my hands as I saw Jules empty seat next to me.

She should be sitting with me right now, eating dinner with me while we laugh about stupid shit.

My dad is an ex police officer. He used to be incredible until the split, then everyone was being let go from their jobs, including my dad.

It made things difficult for him, finding a job was near impossible.

My dad ended up being luckier than most, a job as a construction worker finally becoming availible.

Because of all of my dad's previous training, I've always felt same in the house, knowing he'd protect me.

He knew what he was doing.

"Yesterday afternoon? She was going to the store with Spencer and they both dropped off the girls with me. They were in Jules' car I think." I explained, wiping the tears from my eyes before Ellie leaned over to hug me.

"Okay, so let's think. What are could've happened between then, and now, to cause her to not be here with us." My dad asked into the silence of the room, the only noise heard being my heavy breathing.

My emotions can't get the better of me.

Not now.

This is too important.

Focus.

Breathe.

I began rubbing my fingers along the bandaids on my palms to stop myself from clawing into them with my nails like I did while trying to fall asleep last night.

"Maybe she and Spencer got, you know?" Desmond suggested, avoiding eye contact with me as I looked away, trying to shake any thought of that outcome.

I can't think like that.

"That's a possiblity, a terrible one, but we have to think fast." My dad reasoned, getting out his phone and quickly pressing a few buttons. "Forty-five more minutes. That's how much time we have to figure this out. Every second counts." He said as he laid his phone in the center of the table, the timer ticking quickly as I watched minutes pass in silence.