We laughed as we got to his car and drove off. The adrenaline pumping through my veins... I really had fun.

      "Okay so, I'll pick you up at Five. You have one hour to get ready," he said when we arrived at my house.

     He didn't tell me why, just to hurry. He also said to pack a bag with comfortable clothes like jeans.
      So I showered quickly and picked a dress among the dresses he'd sent.
      They were so beautiful, fit for a princess. I picked a baby blue one that had beautiful jewel and flower detail. It was sleeveless with a pole neck.
      I did my makeup quickly. And styled my hair in a messy updo. Was this prom?

      "People just like prom because it's an excuse to lose their virginity afterwards," Rosalina's voice rang in my mind.

      I, however, didn't lose it during my teen years. It was two years ago.

     Demetri texted me that he had arrived and I went downstairs to meet him.
    He looked so unrealistically handsome in his perfectly fitted black tux. His hair was in twisted braids which he let loose. He didn't have the specs on.
    I kinda liked them though.

     As we drove to the venue, I couldn't help but notice that he kept om stealing glances at me.

       "Why do you keep doing that?" I said when I caught him again.

      "Because you're beautiful," he said without hesitation, "I never believed in fairytale-like life, so I'm kinda scared you'll disappear."

      The more and more time I spent with Demetri, the harder I fell for him. I know this is not just a crush anymore.
     I tried not to blush.

     We arrived at a private place which had been decorated so beautifully. Fairy lights and the like, it was wonderful.

     "Welcome to Prom X Sweet 16 and since you're Hispanic-Latina, X Quinceanera," he said while putting a crown on my head.

     "Surprise!" Lorr and Josiah yelled from the entrance.

    "You're late," Demetri said.

    "Fashionably," Lorr said while fixing his bow tie.
     I laughed. The both wished me a happy belated birthday.

      They all made my evening memorable. They even set a throne for me. Josiah was the one who performed the changing of the shoe and gave me the first dance.
     Of course Lorr and Demetri both wanted to cut in. I did dance with both of them.

     "Those salsa lessons did pay off," Demetri joked as we neared the end of our slow dance.

     My hands played with the baby hairs on his neck as I grinned.

      "Okay everyone, it's time to announce prom King and queen," Lorr said.

     "Oh no, it's already rigged," Josiah said while shaking his head and laughing as he had some cake.

       "This year's Prom King and Queen are....." Lorr said dramatically, "Quinn and I."

     His cousins booed at him while I laughed.

     "Yah, keep booing you jealous wankers," Lorr said as he walked to me, "our dance, mamacita." 

     He led me to the dance floor and we danced.

      I really had fun. At seven we left after I thanked Lorr and Josiah for being there and gave the both big hugs.

      "Thank you for Prom and the important birthdays," I told him as he drove.

       "You're welcome Dee," he responded,
     "Well it's a bit too early for us to find a good college party so I guess we'll skip a few years.
     So congratulations, you're 21 now."