Chapter 3

How wrong of him to think I will talk with him after the stunt he pulled!

I ate my food in silence, not looking his way again. I still felt eyes on me, but I ignored them. 

"So what should we do after lunch?" Kavin asked me, as I was now done eating my food. 

"I don't know. You decide," I said as I rested my back on the chair as my tummy was so full after eating so much. 

"Should we watch the movie?" he suggested, and I nodded yes. 

"Can I join you?" Jason asked, looking at me. 

"Movie! I loved to watch one. Can we join too?" Alisha pointed to him and her. I scoffed internally. Who am I to deny him? It is his house; he could do anything he wanted. I averted my eyes from them and looked at Jason as I nodded my head yes, which made him smile at me. 

"Aunty, do you need my help cleaning the table?" I asked her before going. 

"No, dear, you go and enjoy your movie. I will send your ice cream there," she said with a smile on her face. 

"Let's go," Kavin said as he stood up. We both went to the mini-theatre that was in the basement of Riviera's house. 

"So which movie should we watch?" Kavin asked as he slumped on the big sofa. I took a seat beside him. 

"Wow, you have a mini theatre in the house," I heard Alisha saying in her excited voice, and he hummed in response. 

"So which movie are we watching?" Jason said as he stood beside me where Kavin was surfing through the movie list. 

"Maybe action or horror," I said without looking at him. I was not used to talking with boys. From the age of six, my dad sent me to an all-girls school. So the only boys who I ever took more than five were Kavin and him. 

"We should watch a horror movie," Alish said in her excited voice as she walked in with him. 

"Last time we watched a horror movie, you were screaming at the top of your lungs, so let's watch Action One," he said and took a seat beside me before Jason could occupy it. 

"Oh, please, it was ages ago now; I don't scream. Let's watch horror," she said, and came and stood beside him. So they spend lots of time together. They seem like more than friends, given the way she always wants to be near him. I felt a familiar burn in my chest as the thought of her being his girlfriend crossed my mind, making my somewhat good mood turn a sour. I averted my eyes from the screen as I felt eyes on me. Alisha was looking at me as if she wanted to sit in my seat. Anyway, I didn't want to sit beside him. I stood up to move to a site on the other side of Kavin when he grabbed my hand in his firm grip and made me sit back beside him. I glared at him and took my hand from his hold. I don't want him to touch me. My action made his face hard. Alisha was standing because of him and watched everything with a frown on her face, but she didn't say anything and took a seat beside him. Even if she said anything, I wouldn't care. Jason slumped beside her as the movie started. 

"Let's watch the nun," Kavin said as he played that movie. 

"I wanted to watch that movie," Alisha said in her excited voice. 

"She is so chatty," Kavin whispered in my ear, making me laugh, which made him look at us with curious eyes to know why we were laughing. Soon the movie started, and a maid brought us ice cream. Before I could take my first bite, a spoon was put in it, and he stopped my ice cream. It made me gasp in horror as I looked at him with wide eyes. He flashed me his full teeth. He was trying so hard to piss me off so I could talk to him, and he was getting success in it as I was on the verge of screaming at him but I controlled myself. I averted my face, closed my eyes, and took a few deep breaths to control my anger. I continued watching the movie. Kevin and I predicted the next scene, and we were right every time. 

"Guys, did you direct this movie?" Jason asked in an amused voice, making me grin. 

"Yes, I was the director, and Kevin was a nun," I said, making everyone laugh. 

"No roles are reversed," Kevin said as we argued for five minutes over it, then again started to predict the next scene. 

"The movie is not even scary," I said as I put a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. "I agree," Kevin said in his bored voice. 

"What are you saying, Alisha, is trembling in fear?" Jason asked as she clasped his hand as if her life depended on him. It made me and Kavin crack up. 

"What! It's scary. Didn't you see how the cross turned upside down?" she said in her defending voice, making us laugh. My ice cream was almost finished when he handed it to me. First, I tried not to take it, but what should I do? It's ice cream. I soon finished it too. I was so bored, and still, half the movie remained. I rested my back, and soon my eyes started to drop. I don't know when slumber took over me. I moved closer to the warmth beside me as I adjusted my body to a more comfortable position. I felt hands moving in my hair, which pushed me into a deeper slumber. When I next opened my eyes, I found myself caged in strong arms as familiar cologne lingered in the air I breathed. My face was buried in his neck as his hand was draped around me to keep me on his lap. I immediately tried to move away from him when he tightened his hold on me. I looked beside myself to find no one else in the theatre except for us. 

Where did everyone go? 

"The movie is long finished, so everyone already went to their rooms," he said as he saw the confusion on my face. So from how long he was holding me while I was sleeping, I again tried to get off his lap, but he didn't let me go. 

"Why are you mad at me, Lu?" he asked in his soft voice as he turned my face towards him. I didn't look at him with my eyes cast down. I didn't say anything and kept looking down. 

"Look at me, Lu," he said in his soft voice, but I refused to obey him. 

"Look at me, Lu," he said in his demanding voice as softness was gone from his tone, which made my body shiver as I lifted my eyelids to look at him. "Why are you being so stubborn?" he said as he cupped my face. 

"You know I don't like when my Lu ignores me," he said as the softness was back in his voice and his thumb kept making lazy circles on my cheeks. My heart melted as he said that. 

"So you will have mercy on me?" he asked as his amber eyes looked at me with hope. I was about to nod my head yes when Alisha barged in, making me get out of his lap. She moved her eyes from him to me with a tight smile on her face as her next words made me determined to never talk with him again. 

"Can I have a moment with my boyfriend?"

A/N

Hey, my lovely readers, if you want to read more books from me, then give me more than 3k followers. Don't forget to like, comment, and share.