Chapter 10: Date or Fate?

Comincia dall'inizio

"Wednesday. No. You are going to end up driving yourself to an early grave with all of the work load you are putting on yourself! I don't want that to happen so I'm stopping you. Come to bed and actually sleep this time. I refuse to sleep until I know you are asleep."

"You are insufferable sometimes."

"It's for your own good Wens. Now come here so we can go to bed. I even washed your weighted blanket and all the sheets so everything is fresh but still cold just like you like it!"

My mouth begins to form a smirk.

"What has happened to you. You've become a motherly figure or something of that sort."

"That's what happens when you practically act like a toddler. Well a toddler that's got super intelligence." She giggles.

"I believe it's the other way around. You win this round but only because I'm allowing it."

She rolls her eyes at my words.

"Whatever let's go to sleep now!"
_____
The next morning:

Today is the day of Enid and I's 'date'. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Of course I want this to be a date, it's just I'm not sure with everything going on, a date is what should be happening right now. We should be researching, hunting, and gathering evidence, not going on a date. Enid would be very upset if we didn't go though. I've hurt her to many times with my selfishness, so I decided to just go on this date and stay up late researching even though she will want my head for staying up late again.

Enid walks up behind me as I sit at my desk writing. She drapes her arms over my shoulders and rests her head upon mine. This was quite relaxing. I'm not sure why.

"Whatcha doin beautiful?" She kissed the top of my head,"Well besides being a nerd over here." You could hear the quips she was making in that whole sentence.

"Your jokes don't phase me Sinclair. Your face does though. It makes me want to gouge my eyes out."

I decided I would joke back with Enid seeing she's in a joking mood today. Perhaps my joke came off as more of a threat than a joke. She seems upset.

"I was joking bellissima. Your face is pulchritudinous."

Blank stare.

"Wednesday what the fuck does that mean-?" She asks with confusion in her voice.

I sigh, "It means I think you have one of the most beautiful faces on this planet. I can't say that for other planets seeing I don't know what other life forms look like if they exist."

There is that Sinclair smile.

"You're pretty too Wens!" She gives me a quick peck on the lips leaving me wishing it lasted longer.

"Wednesday?"

"Yes Enid."

"What exactly...are we?"

I knew this conversation would happen eventually. However I didn't anticipate it to happen so soon. Me being an Addams I've got the urge to spill my guts out to her about what exactly we are, but I'd rather keep my dignity and go for the simple answers.

"We are whatever you want us to be."

"Well I'd like to be your girlfriend, if you'll be mine...?" Her words are low but confident.

"Then I am yours Sinclair. In life and in death. Tu sei il mio sole e io sono la tua luna. Insieme siamo inarrestabili." (You are my sun, and I am your moon. Together we are unstoppable.)