Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

They froze when the heart monitor starts to beep again. They turn their heads to the see the girl sitting up, staring at them with a cold gaze. Her once bitten arm have healed and even grow a new arm. The three of them stares at her in shock. All of them thought of the same thing...

What is she?

-My Name-

3rd P.O.V

"Incredible... she's showing no sign that she was injured to begin with" Hanji said, as she inspect the girl. The girl just stares at her warily. Hanji notices the girl's stare and smiles at her. "It's okay... I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Hanji. What's yours?" She said, in a soft voice. But her question is only responded with silence.

"Are you done, yet??" A voice boom from the other side of the door. Hanji let out a sigh of frustration. She turn to the girl and hold up a finger, as if telling the girl to wait and that she'll be back.

Hanji makes her way out of the room to be met with a very impatient Erwin and a usual stoic Levi. "Shut up! Don't be so loud. We don't want to spook the girl!" She said. Erwin just rolls his eyes at what she said. He push Hanji aside and make his way inside the clinic room. He instantly met a pair of wary e/c eyes.

Erwin takes a seat on the chair, facing the girl who just eyed him suspiciously. "We won't hurt you if that's what you're worried about. We just have some questions for you, that I hope you'll able to give the answers to us" he said. The girl just stares at him, without saying anything. Erwin lets out a sigh and leans his body forward. "Let's start with your name..." he said. Again, he's met with only silence. Erwin grows irritated as the time passes by. He abruptly stands on his feet, towering over the girl.

"I asked you a f*ckin' question! Answer me!" He said, raising his voice. His sudden raise of voice makes the girl jump in her spot. She stares at him with a slight hint of fear reflecting in her eyes.

"Okay... stop it. Just leave this room for now. All you're doing is scaring her" Levi said, deciding to stop Erwin from getting things too far as he looks visibly annoyed by the girl's silence. Erwin clicks his tongue in annoyance and turn to look at Levi. "I'll take it from here. So you should just leave" he said. Erwin turns to look at the girl one last time, before turning around and leave the room.

Levi turns his gaze to look at the girl who just sits on the bed without a word. He turns his body to her, making her flinch. He lift his hand in surrender to show her that he means no harm.

"It's okay. Don't mind me... just act like I'm not here. I will just sit here and read this book. You can do whatever you want in this room, okay?" He said. The girl just nods her head at what he said. He walks towards the chair and grab the book he placed on the desk. He starts to read the book in silence.

As Levi reads the book in his hand, a loud rumbling noise can be heard. Levi turn his gaze towards the girl who just stares at her stomach. A small smile appear on his lips as he realizes the girl is hungry.

"Hungry?" He asked. His sudden voice startles the girl, making her head snap towards his direction. He raises an eyebrow at the girl. "I'm asking you if you're hungry..." he said again. The girl just nods her head. He hums softly and stands up. He walks towards the desk where there are fruits.

He grabs an apple and walks back towards the girl. He offers the apple to the girl. She hesitantly reaches out and grabs the apple from his hand. She sniffs it a couple of times.

"It's not poisoned if that's what you're worried about..." he joked. The girl turn to look at him, and he could have sworn he notices the girl's lips twitched a little as if she's about to smile.

But as soon as it appears, the small smile disappears from the girl's face. She stares at the apple for a few seconds and finally take a bite. Levi take a seat on the chair once again as he watches the girl enjoy the fruit with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Y/N" the girl muttered in a soft tone. Levi furrows his eyebrow in confusion. The girl turn her attention to Levi. "My name... is Y/N" she said. Levi's eyes widens at the girl's words.

"Y/N, huh? So you can talk after all... well, my name is Levi" Levi said. He lift his hand to offer the girl a hand shake. But she just stares at his hand. Levi stares at her with a raised eyebrow. "Wow... when was the last time you ever interact with another human?" He asked. Y/N just looks away at what he said. Levi finally lowers his hand, realizing the girl isn't used to any form of human interaction. It makes him wonder how long has it been since she was left out there, beyond the walls.

***

Y/N P.O.V

The man who called himself Levi often comes to visit me. From the way he acted, I can tell that he's also a not that talkative. So why is he talking to me? And where am I? Is this a lab?

"Can you tell us how you managed to survive out there?" Levi asked. I stare at him. My mind went back to those horrible days. The days where I were a prisoner. I close my eyes as the memories becomes clearer in my head.

Flashback

I let out a scream which sounded muffled. My whole body were wrapped up in bandages, making me looked like a mummy. The scientist in this room were performing cruel experiments on me.

The pain they inflicted on me were unbearable. I kept on screaming from the pain but they didn't show any sign of stopping. Until eventually, I feel like my world is fading to black.

End of Flashback

I clutch my head tightly as I let out a scream. I shake my head as I try desperately to get those memories to stop replaying in my head. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I feel myself panicking.

"Hey!" Someone said, placing a hand on my shoulder. The contact makes me flinched as I stand up and scramble away. My sight cleared up, as I make eye-contact with a pair of steel grey eyes.

Levi walks closer to me as I back away, until my back pressed against the wall. He lift his hands to show that he means no harm. He take a step closer but I quickly shake my head, not wanting him to come any closer to me.

"It's okay... I'm sorry I asked. It's clear to me now that you've went through a hard past. But trust me... you're safe here, Y/N. Whatever happened in your past won't happen again. Not on my watch, okay?" He said. I feel my body starting to relax a little after hearing what he said. Even though his voice sounded cold... I still feel reassured. But can he be trusted?

*to be continued*