chapter 1

"Mom would be proud of you", Jonathan smiled as he sat across the table from me. He had always been the responsible and supportive brother. Well that is ever since mom died. She died three years ago, towards the end of eighth grade. Im pretty sure the only reason I am able to continue school is because of Mom. If it weren't for that I would have dropped out a long time ago.

"She's not here though, so it doesn't matter." I mumbled. His jaw automatically clenched. I knew he didn't like me saying things like that. But, I knew it would make him leave me alone and stop talking about mom. I really didn't like the subject.

"Well," he relaxed letting out a sigh as he unwrinkled his pants at his knees, "you might want to get going, don't want to be late on your first day as a senior." Even though I knew I was a senior it still suprised me. What really surprised me is the fact that I made it this far.  

I got up to start walking towards the stairs when my cellphone rang.

"Hello?" I asked. Oops didn't check caller ID. 

"Ready?! I'm outside waiting for you, even though I'm thinking that I might come in to see your sexy brother!" Should've known it was my phsyco best friend. Lilianne and I have been best friends since my mom's death. We met at the cemetery actually. Yes, i know what your thinking. How the heck do you become friends with someone at a cemetery? Well what happened was that a month before my mother died her dad died. So one day when i went to my mom's grave she was at her dad's grave. So i guess we bonded over the pain of the loss of a loved one.

"Okay Lily, just keep your clothes on." i could hear her giggling on the other end of the line. We hung up and no more than ten seconds later she was busting through the door. I ran upstairs to get my bag and let her do away with flirting. Five minutes later we were out the door and on our way to the beggining of something I personally call TORTURE.

Who knows what is in store for me this school year. It's probably going to be suffering, pain, boredom, homework, & more homework. School wasn't really one of my favorites. It was just full of people who wanted to make my life miserable.

Ever since mom's death I just stop being myself. Like if a part of me died with her. It's like--

"hello!!! Have you even been listening to me Jen??" Lily brought me back to reality and out of my world of sad and mourning. 

"No Sorry, it's just that I feel like this year is going to be justlike the rest... People are just going to ju--"  

"Jen! That's what I was trying to tell you! That I had a feeling that something is going to be different.." She had a habit of doing just cutting me off. But then again I still loved her.

"Well i guess that makes one of us..." I mumbled. 

"No, you have to have a positive attitude! That is what matters!" She stopped suddenly, reveresed, and turned right. "Sorry, almost missed it! Ohmigod! Did you hear about the new, hot, smexy teacher?! I heard he's only 22! Isn't he too young to be a teacher? Do you think he's into youngsters?! Do you--" 

"Does it matter? That is just creepy if he was... He would be considered a Pedophile!" I didn't exactly feel right saying that but, if it got her to shut up it was worth it.

Eventually, we pulled up in front of the school. I really didn't feel up for this. But, I was going to have to do this for mom and if I ever wanted to get over with. I started pushing the car door open when I accidently hit the car next to me. Technically it wasn't my fault cause the butt next to me opened their car door at the same time. I quickly got out to apologize when i bumbed into a tall&hard wall of flesh. 

"umm...sorry it's just...sorry--" he stopped in mid-sentence when he saw me. We were face to face so i slowly stepped back. "sorry, it's my first day and well I'm rushing and so yea but i well really it's just...ok what im trying to say is sorry for hitting your car..." 

"oh no don't worry. Its not even mine hahaha...well yea are you a new student??" i asked. He looked like a senior. He was taller than me, natural tan, messy but cute hair, and those eyes.... Oh my god those eyes! Well they were blue. Blue enough to imitate the sea and just get lost in them.

"oh no! Thank you for the complement though! Actually im here as the new drama teacher. I'm the replacement for Mr. Laurent." He sounded nervous. First day jitters, probably.  

"Jen! What the fu--" She cut herself off mid-sentence. Like if she was magicaly enchanted with his sexyness. "oooooh lalala! Who is this sexy mr.handsome?? Hello i'm Lilianne! Lilianne Johnson at your service. And who are you?"

"He is in fact a teacher Lily! A little more respect??" She stared at him, slightly blushing. 

"Oh sorry." she mumbled "well come on see you later mr......umm come on Jen!" she ran towards the school. 

I wonder why she let it go so lightly? I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to hear the end of it!  

"Jen omg he was hot. I wonder what class he teaches? I wouldn't mind him being my teacher!"  

"Drama." i answered 

"ohh how sexy!" she giggled. 

We entered the school and got our schedules.  

"what classes do you have Nini??" I turned around to come face-to-face with my childhood friend Matthew. I just hugged him and giggled into his ribcage. It was ridiculous how tall he was. He was atleast 4inches taller than me. He had that type of messy hair that was considered sexy by other girls. And those blue eyes. I wouldn't say he's ugly myself. But, he wasn't my type. 

"umm...lame ones.. And you?" i asked. 

"do you have drama? I have it third!" 

"yeahh!! Me too!!" I was happy that atleast I had one less class alone. I was going to need support this year in order to survive it. But, i wonder if maybe i have that guy as my teacher for drama? I wonder what it would be like to have him as a teacher? I have never had a hot young teacher.. Maybe he's different?? But then again you never know. So I'll just wait and see.