- . Chapter 5 ; I can hear you

Start from the beginning

She sat up flexing her ears, she could hear mutters and whispers firmly. Male voices not female, they were familiar and unfamiliar all in the same sense.

She got up silently on her feet close to the ground. She crawled over to her things and put her bow around her, grabbing her knife and holder.

She backed up to the other side of the tent where she was out of sight. She knew who was coming and knew they would try to drag her back into their nonsense and chaos. Why was she tortured like this, imagine how their mother would react when they found out the news.

"Over here."

They whispered around so they couldn't be heard entirely. They could be easily ambushed by the other people around and forced captive at their abandonment of the clan.

Quiet on their feet they all pranced around, they looked at the new tents and the old trying to find the one they came for. They seemed confused despite only being gone for a few years. But anything would be confusing after a few years, traditions, culture, everything they knew was switched in a matter of a night and made a new home.

"Don't make any noise. We don't want to wake them."

One stood in the doorway of the tent looking to the right, it was only the sleeping spot and darkness surrounding it, it was dull and quiet.

"Geh."

"Who-"

"Skxwang."

Y/N helped a knife to their neck tightly and pulling back on them, she held a chokehold and a knife on him while holding onto his braid tightly. He hissed in pain and winced profusely as he was dragged down from his height. She was a bit shorter and it weighed on him.

"Brother."

He wanted to shout at them as he was internally freaking out but he couldn't cause attention to himself and the rest of them that came along.

"Don't. I'll be fine. Ah."

"I'll cut you quicker than a whisper."

She looked down closer at the person in front of her, she dropped her jaw lower as she was stunned at how grown up he was. Lo'ak shared the glance and dropped his knife to the floor as Kiri crept up from the side crawling on the floor stealthily.

"Y/N..?"

"Lo'ak..."

"It's been so long... we assumed you would be "

"Assumed what? Dead. No, you left me. No right for assumptions."

Her accent kicked in harder during situations that caused her for being serious. She hated it because it made her feel more foreign to them as they would never fully be true Na'vi.

"Calm down. We came to find you-"

He gritted through his teeth and his eyes furrowed deep in his eyebrows. He knew the striking sound of his voice was wrong and hurtful eventually but he felt obligated to protect his brother despite growing so far from him.

They all were what they were close to being fully grown and yet Y/N still triumphed over Neteyam at knife work.

"No, you didn't, we knew you would come back for Tuk. Don't lie to me Lo'ak.