SCENE THIRTY ONE. grand theft auto

"check this out. the war zone. i've been there once. it's huge. they got everything you need for, uh, well killing things basically." eddie told them as he ran off to get the hawkins phonebook that max's mum sometimes reads when pretending to not be drunk out her mind. showing them a picture of some big muscular american dude. strapped with guns as he slapped it down on the table.

"you think fake rambo has enough guns there? is that a grenade? i mean how is any of this legal?" she mocks before pointing down in the picture of the book. looking up at the group in shock.

"well lucky for us it is, so. this place is just far enough outside of hawkins. as long as we steer clear of the main roads. we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks."

"if we are trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the warzone." erica adds in that rather condescending tone.

"normally id agree, but we need the weapons so think it's worth the risk." nancy comments, rubbing a hand across her chin as she lightly bit her lip.

"me too." lucas quickly agrees, throwing a worried shot to max who was stood in the doorway, piper leaned against the door beside her.

"yeah but is it worth the time, it'll take all day to bike there and ack." dustin groaned, looking at the group and then back to the pages.

"hendersons right, we don't know how much longer these girls can hold" steve commented. looking over his shoulder to piper. the ill coloured girl, leaned weekly. eyes tired and jaw slackened.

"who said bike?"

"what you got some kind of car we don't know about lying around, cause mine is off limits. nancy can't make it across town without being spotted. and parkers is riddled with cops."

"well its not exactly a car. steve. and it's not exactly mine. but it'll do. hey red, you got a ski mas, or something that’ll do." eddie questions, spinning to look at the two girls. max perks up at the question. she thinks for a moment before she raises her brows. nodding lightly. before max rushed off to her room, rummaging through her drawers till she found it. holding out a micheal myers mask out for eddie. a smile raising up to shine on eddie's face.

and the group found themselves sneaking out of max's trailer. eddie masked as myers, takes a quick scan of the trailer park before motioning the group to follow across the park. hiding behind other trailers as they went. till they spotted what he was heading for. a van parked up on the grass next to a family's trailer. a male voice slurring as he drank beer.

"this is ridiculous" piper hissed as she found herself huddled between lucas and nancy. eddie reaches up to slide the window of the rv open before turning to grin at piper. cocky grin etched onto his features like he were steven harrington himself. before throwing himself into the window. steve follows shortly behind, hissing in pain as his hips hit the corner of the window. a hand reaching out from inside, a small smile lifted onto piper's features as she moved to grab it. but nancy was faster. and pipers smile fades as nancy was helped e hoisted into the rv. so she waited till last.  helping max by letting the girl use her hands as a step. when piper finally lifts herself through the window, she first spots eddie in the drivers seat. pulling wires from behind the wheel.

"what you doing, munson?" he heard the sweet voice speaking, throwing a look over his shoulder to the angel herself. she was leaned over him slightly, smiling down at him. and he sighed softly.

"hot wiring." he commented turning back to the wires, clipping one with his pilars. pilars she had no idea where had shown up.

"well, when the other dad's were teaching their kids how to fish or pay ball. my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." he started informing her as she found herself kneeling beside the chair he sat on. watching as he worked intently. steve seeing this and rushing over to lean over her. questioning what was going on.

"but i swore to myself that i wouldn't wind up like he did, but i guess fate had other ides. here i am wanted for murder and soon grand theft auto. so i'm living up to the munson name."

"compelling story, eds." she whispered and he found himself smiling once more, something he found himself doing a lot around the girl.

"why thank you, sweetheart."

"hey eddie, i don't love the idea of your driving." robin spoke as she too joined the group dwelling in the front of the rv.

"oh, i'm just starting this sucker. harrington's got her. don't ya big boy?" eddie commented, winking to steve whose face went a slight shade red, especially noticing the glance of truth that piper gave to eddie. before eddie turns back to the wires, striking ne against the other and the rv booted up.

"hey open this door!" sounded from the door. it rattled lightly. the drunken man slobbering to get inside. piper elbowed steve in his knee and he jumped into the driver's seat. piper finding herself in the passenger as eddie ran into the back of the rv.

"everyone, hang on to something!" steve exclaimed as his fingers gripped the wheel.

"go! she screamed at him, side eyeing ehr as he used his bare foot to step on the gas. dustin saying something in the back about the couple.

"well it's not everyday that you lose your house and car in one fell swoop!" robins cries as she clutched onto the sofa. the rv jerking forwards as he rounded the corner of the makeshift road in the trailer park. piper jerks forward in the front seat, wishing she had put the seatbelt on when steve's arm smacks against her waist. winding the girl out as she cried in pain. the music blasted in her ears as he jerked the car side to side trying to stay on the road and soon they made it out of the trailer park in one piece. luckily.