SCENE THIRTY FOUR. the bite and the plan

and they were all quick to run over to her. the whole group surrounding the girl who had fallen to the floor.

"el! el!” mike shouted as he dropped down to his knees at the girls' side.

"what's wrong with her?"

"what's wrong?"

"my leg, my leg." el cried as piper pulled the girl into her lap. el felt the outline of the gun in the girl's waistband as she did so. and her leg was revealed. no fucking way. steve watched the realisation settle on piper's face. the skin at el's leg seems to be moving under the skin, much like pipers hip had in her dream. and el was wailing in pain.

"piper, what's wrong!" steve shouted as he noticed the look on her face. and she motioned for max to take els head. the girl standing as all their eyes gazed over to the girl. and she unzipped the jacket. the group ignored the gun as she dropped the jacket to the ground. before lifting her shirt. the skin at her hips looked much like el's. torn and bloodied. surrounded in dark marks. it wasn't healing.

"piper?" nancy questioned.

"the mind flayer." will whispered as he looked at the girl's hip, watching as steve's face completely fell. el is still wailing in pain.

"there's something in there.'' erica commented as piper took el's head in her lap once more, steve's eyes trailing the staining marks on her tank. the gun pressed against the bit from over her top.

"keep her talking. keep her awake, okay?" johnaton ordered as he ran off.

"hey el. stay awake for me okay. ask me questions, just stay awake.” piper questioned, running her thumbs over the girl's cheeks. wiping away her tears.

"favourite food?" el gasped out, crying as she leaned into piper's touch.

"cherry pie."

"you really like cherries." el commented and piper only smiled and nodded her head. waiting for jonathan to hurry back.

"song?" el asked again.

"angel eyes by abba, album voulez-vous." piper said softly. remembering that one memory of the car with steve. the time she almost said it.

"you know, it's actually not that bad. there was a goalie on my soccer team, beth wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee. six inches or something, it was insane." robin spat as she rambled over the topics her mind was screaming at her.

"robin, you're not helping."

"i'm sorry." she mumbled, taking her place at the back of the group once more.

"steve, leave her alone, she's trying." piper spat and jonathan came running back over.

"alright el, this is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"okay?"

"need you to stay real still. hear you're gonna want to bite down on this okay?" he nodded, handing her a spoon as piper moved her hands to look at el's head in lace. so she wouldn't be able to move around when jonathan. was cutting into her leg. much like he was ready to press the burning hot knife into the girl's skin. and the second he did, steve noticed the change on piper's face.

"piper?" he questioned, watching her eyes darken and the veins become more visible. will raise a hand to his neck as he starts to flutter. and steve charges at her, pulling her away from el. watching as she started to thrash. the pair rolled to the ground, nancy giving a scream.

"he's here. he's coming." she screamed. thrashing horrendously as he watched that thing takeover her mind once more. it was as if her features seemed to melt away, the soft eyes fading away. leaving the dark blank eyes. she wasn’t there.