SCENE NINE. links of jealously

"so you're that this thing that killed fred and chrissy. it's from the upside down." nancy questioned as piper was squished into the seat between dustin and steve. neither of the boys had moved from her side from the car incident.

"if the shoe fits." steve commented.

"our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer, which would make pipers weird thing with it possible, or just loves killing teens and is targeting her." dustin added as he thought about anything that could help him. but for once it was blank. dustin's mind was constantly a board with strings. different colour strings and different images leading to all possibilities. but now nothing. nothing made sense, no leads. no clues. no connection. only piper. but he couldn't string it.

"all we know is this is something different, smething new." max replied throwing piper a look. she was making herself apear dmallaer, probaly to get ore spacefrom the two boys beside her. it was probaly a selfish thing to say but she missed summer piper. steve harrington's girlfriend piper.

"but connected."

"doesn't make sense." nancy spat.

"it's only a theory." dustin quickly added.

"no. fred and chrissy don't make sense. i mean, why them?" nancy spoke, mind trying to think of anything that connected the two. they weren't friends. not even in the same group of friends.

"maybe they were just in the wrong place. they were both at the game." dustin questioned.

"and near the trailer park." a string appearing in dustin's mind. fred and chrssy were both at the trailer park. and so was piper the night of chrissy's attack. but then she wasn't there for fred so his theory ran cold short.

"we're at the trailer park. uh should we maybe not be here?'' steve questioned looking around. it was true. the group of six was squashed into a picnic table in the middle of the empty trailer park. everyone had either ran away or not come out since the attack. safety precautions.

"there is something about this place." nancy added, looking around the barren park.

"fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"acting weird as in?"

"scared. on edge. upset."

"max said chrissy was used too."

"yeah but not here."

"she was crying in the bathroom at school. when me and piper went in there was whimpering in one of the stalls."

so when piper rushed into the bathroom to go to the toilet and found max stuffing pills in her mouth, her face could only crumble as piper quickly wiped away her own tears. max couldn't see she was crying. before the sound of someone throwing up sounded through the bathroom. both girls looking at one another and then the stall.

"hey, are you alright?" max questioned as she took a step towards the stall.

"yeh- it's- i'm fine." a voice whined back, a voice pier was able to reconike. i mean, she was a cheerleader after all and she knew everyone. just like she could tell it was chrissy.

"chrissy? are you sure?" piper asked, giving max another worried look, a cheerleader throwing up in the bathroom was never a good sign.

"please just go away." and piper nodded, motioning for max to follow her back out the bathroom when chrissy gave a scream. followed by a cry. piper rushed into the bathroom to find everything as it was before. empty. the girl rushed to the still the girl had been in. only to find her curled against the gap between the stall wall and the toilet.

"chrissy, babes. you alright?" piper questioned once more but the girl never spoke, instead only jumped at her. wrapping her arms around her and hugging her. the taller girl was obviously confused by the action but followed her actions. mumbling how she was fine.

"yeah. yeah she was." piper added as she returned to the people around her.stee throwing her a worried side glance.

"serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? so maybe fred and chrissy saw this vecman-"

"vecna."

"dunno about you but if i saw some freaky wizard monster. i would mention it to someone." steve added and robin watched as pipers eyes seemed to trail off. piper sat, he was right. of course he was. so she best keep it to herself. she had told them it was linked to her, not that she had seen him. it must have been him. that vieny reflection in the windows of the boathouse. the one she had seen in her dreams only last summer.

"maybe they did. i saw chrissy leaving ms. kelley office. if you saw a monster you...you wouldn't go to the police. they'd never believe you. but you might go to your-"

"your shrink." and max nodded, throwing another look to piper, she looked so uncomfortable. max kew piper knew something. she had known about chrissy and fred. but nobody could figure out why. i fact they hadn't even talked about it. and they started heading back to the car. before nancy turned, walking off in a different direction as steve opened the passenger seat for piper.

"whoa! whoa! nance!" he exclaimed, noticing the girl running off. letting go of the door to catch up with nancy's fast pace. almost crushing pipers fingers as he did so.

"where are you going?"

"there's just something i wanna check first."

"something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?"

"i don't want to waste your time. it's a real shot in the dark."

"yeah okay, are you out of your mind? flying solo with vecna on the loose? no it's too dangerous. you need someone-" he started, stammering over his words straight away. and piper rolled her eyes. classic steve. nancy fucking wheeler.

"why don't you go steve. knight in shining armour for your poor helpless nancy?"

"fuck off parker. here. i'll stick with nance. you guys take the car, check out the shrink." he shouted throwing the keys to robin. glaring at the girl on his way who only rolled her eyes at his childishness.

"i don't think you want me driving your car."

"why?"

"i don't have a licence." robin added as if it were the most obvious thing and piper felt bad. sure piper's family weren't as rich as steves but she didn't have to work to support them unlike robin.

"why?" what a dickhead.

"i'm poor. piper you can drive."

"i'm not driving his car so he can smooch his girlfriend." piper added the last part under her breath. and max couldn't help but snort. nancy raising her brow at the girl who only smiled. it wasn't nancy's fault steve was obsessed with her. she didn't have the guts to blame nancy.

"i can drive-" max

"NO!"